Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Software validation

Jean Durand

Have you checked with your reseller ??

What kind of validation are you looking for ??

Plug in your software key and launch it, pretty simple

PEACE :D

That's what I did and with the exception of operator error, it works great! :laughing:

YA like a beta test. Well here is a thought if we go that way. then you are going to have to try this a few ways.

1. with a few beers

2. With at least 10 beers

3. Well lets shack it up some and go light with some jello shots.

4. then lets try 2 bears and a few shots. be mind you no more then 3 shots of brandy.

5. then for fun do Tequila shots but lets start with 2 then test then 2 more and test then 2 more and test. if still no good start over again from were you just ended,

Now I have to remind you that all these test cannot be done in one sitting to be done truly right. If you should try this in one sitting please do not try this test on a laptop after a desktop.

I am so waiting for the results. We Mastercam user and computer user thank you for your willingness to take on this testing. :cheers: I mean good luck

• Like 1

YA like a beta test. Well here is a thought if we go that way. then you are going to have to try this a few ways.

1. with a few beers

4. then lets try 2 bears and a few shots. be mind you no more then 3 shots of brandy.

5. then for fun do Tequila shots but lets start with 2 then test then 2 more and test then 2 more and test. if still no good start over again from were you just ended,

Now I have to remind you that all these test cannot be done in one sitting to be done truly right. If you should try this in one sitting please do not try this test on a laptop after a desktop.

I am so waiting for the results. We Mastercam user and computer user thank you for your willingness to take on this testing. :cheers: I mean good luck

I think I need to become a beta tester. :cheers:

1. with a few beers

I did a similiar test but I used a smart phone and texting. Still not sure why I ended up with a cop at my front door handing me a restraint order. :banned:

• Like 2

Let me see if I can shed some light on your answer. Are you looking for a NIST test that checked the math calculations or integrity check test? I do not know of any of the CAM Software's or any others that offer an Integrity Test process. The Software has been through Boeing for Quality testing to be approved to be used in conjunction with Verisurf Software and passes all of their requirements, but only design is checked and not the complete CAM side of the Software. With Verisurf installed you can run the digital Artifact test that shows you all the calculations of the shaped required by it for that test. There are quality procures at CNC Software that run the software through degeneration checks and look for known issues to check it to. I can think think of any software that is perfect, but since the question is so wide open you really need to narrow down to a specific standard you are looking to complie to or is it just a not really sure and just asking a overall can you be sure it is installs correctly question?

Sounds like they just want to know if the software installed correctly and everything is in the 'right' place. If you have custom machine/control defs. along with a custom post, and maybe a default config file etc. it's more than just installing and seeing if it works.

In which case there's some simple scripts you could write to ensure the files are in the correct locations - Mastercam doesn't come with validation tools but there is a lot online or any competant systems admin should be able to create this for you

Good morning Crazy Milman,

Exactly, we have requirements by Our Quality department. They need to know when we install or do an update with Mastercam. We need to know All my 7 stations are install correctly. I understand the output is created by the programmer, it's not what I want to control. It's only the installation. The quality needs evidence.