Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Dynamic Roughing

rchipper

Greetings,

I hope this is acceptable to post in this forum.

Has anyone used the lathe dynamic roughing? What were the results? I have a project coming up, (OD groove 4.44" wide x 1.2" deep), and I am excited to try this but there are resistant individuals that I work with that are afraid of change. I have made leaps and bounds here using the dynamic milling ops. Nothing but amazing. I want to continue to reduce the fear factor so we can move forward.

Anyhow, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

rchipper

•  

I have not used the dynamic roughing toolpath for lathe yet....

but i have done some custom stuff to get the same motion but using geometry from the Dynamic core toolpath.

All i can say is for the right application it rocks!

We had a part, its a roller about 50" log by 3"OD that has alot of shaped grooves cut in it. With an old style plung grooving path the thing would chatter like a mother and the operator would have to manual cycle the spindle override up and down to tune out the chatter,

We changed it over to a dynamic sytle path with a button insert. BOOM! Cut the cycle time in almost half and made the whole job easy to walk away from. Predictable tool life and no chatter!

Go for it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gcode,

the Insert was a Mitsubishi GY2M0600J300N-BM VP20RT - W=6mm (.236INCH) - GFU51.

http://www.mitsubishicarbide.net/mmus/enus/turning_inserts/no_srs/20049407

During the show (5 days) we cut all parts with the same insert. And the insert is still used for parts. Mitsubishi could not believe it.

regards

Andreas

• Like 1

I seen you in that Video Aaron. :turned:

Great group of folks to be around one thing I do miss is meeting all the different dealers.

Youtube Superstar, right here :smoke: I was playing the part of a hapless customer looking at what was going on. I play that part quite well. :)

Yeah, everyone over there is awesome to work with :) Michael does pretty good driving, too! We hit the Nurburgring the day after the show to throw down some laps.