Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Editing mpmaster

gms1

Hello all

I am creating a new post (inspired by Chris for the different control options in misc.) I will probably be asking quite a few questions so bear with me smile.gif

I am using MCam 8.1.1 Mill lvl 3 Solids. Using the Mpmaster post as a base I want to turn off empty I J K commands.

eg: G2 X0. Y0. I0.(this one) J-2. K-3.

Does this have something to do with arctype? If so, what are the differences between 1=abs, 2=St-Ctr, 3=Ctr-St, 4=unsigned inc.

Greg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Just taking a guess here, I believe you'll have to go to the "parc" postblock and change this;

code:

parc            #Select the arc output

if arcoutput = zero | full_arc_flg | arc_pitch,

[

#Arc output for IJK

# If you do NOT want to force out the I,J,K values,

# remove the "*" asterisks on the *i, *j, *k 's below...

if plane = zero, *i, *j, k #XY plane code - G17

if plane = one, i, *j, *k #YZ plane code - G19

if plane = two, *i, j, *k #XZ plane code - G18

]

else,

[

#Arc output for R

if abs(sweep)<=180 | arcoutput=one, result = nwadrs(srad, arcrad)

else, result = nwadrs(srminus, arcrad)

*arcrad

]

to this;

code:

parc            #Select the arc output

if arcoutput = zero | full_arc_flg | arc_pitch,

[

#Arc output for IJK

# If you do NOT want to force out the I,J,K values,

# remove the "*" asterisks on the *i, *j, *k 's below...

if plane = zero, i, j, k #XY plane code - G17

if plane = one, i, j, k #YZ plane code - G19

if plane = two, i, j, k #XZ plane code - G18

]

else,

[

#Arc output for R

if abs(sweep)<=180 | arcoutput=one, result = nwadrs(srad, arcrad)

else, result = nwadrs(srminus, arcrad)

*arcrad

]

Then you'll have to do some checking in the pcircout1 postblock. You'll need some logic than checks the value of x, y, and Z, the if they are 0 then omit them or else putput them if they contain something other than 0.

HTH

Greg

James is right on the money with his parc editing example. I think this should do the trick; I think pcirout1 is OK the way it is for IJK outputs. Most often arctype is set to 'Start-Center' for IJK outputs; the other options will change the values depending on how your machine reads the I,J,K words.

C

To make them not output a zero, regardless if there was a change from the previous values of i, j, and k, non modal. Find the format statement in your post and add a d to it as follows:

fs 22 1.4 #

fmt I 22 i #

change the format statement to this:

fs 22 1.4d

I'm not sure which format statement your post is using but this is what needs to be done to make the i, j, and k not be output when their value is a zero. You will also need to do as James M. pointed out above.

HTH

HTH

Thanks guys! Removing the * in front of the I J K worked like a champ. I did not have to change any of the fs or fmt commands. I ran a small program with the * and without. The code was the same except the empty I J K's were gone. I'm going to make a note just in case the fs and fmt commands do need to be changed though.

If my post had those #comments in it like James' post, I wouldnt even be asking this. smile.gif

Thanks again

Greg

If the coding is changed that doesnt really bother me. Its really just the # comments im after. I'm glad you showed me that code from the v9 post. I've been combing through it and it has ALOT of info I can use over the v8 posts. Very nice.

Now I just need another monitor hooked up so I dont have to keep switching back and forth smile.gif