Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm back!!! Nethasp question

kccadcam

I'm finally settled in to the new job and location.

cool.gif

We're running my computer as the nethasp server, but I need to stack a white hasp on to get lathe running, is this possible? I keep getting hasp not found in hasp utility.

Anybody had experience with this?? confused.gif

Piggy-backing the white HASP on top of the NetHASP won't work. When using the NetHASP, the "Sim Type" and "NetHASP mode" values in the registry has to be set to "N" and "Network", even if it's local. For a local white HASP, it has to be "H". Perhaps a script (or even a batch file but you'll have to click ok on the Registry changes) could set the registry settings and the launch the app.

* Reference: Allan 10/16/2003 1:25PM EST

+1 to kieth,

i am using net hasp also. i have 4 seats of mill level 3 and 1 seat of solids on it. you should be able to turn in your lathe hasp and get it included on the net hasp. this would also allow the lathe seat to be installed on all your computers and used by anyone.(one at a time,with only one seat)

but i could be wrong in the ability to mix and match mill and lathe, but worth a try.

hth,trevor

I checked out switching to a net hasp at my current job. There was a substantial charge for adding 1 lathe seat to a net hasp with multiple

mill seats. The reason was,the lathe seat had been purchased at a discount, bundled

with 1 mill seat.

Putting it on a nethasp, makes it available to all the mill seats thus invalidating the bundled discount. The charge hurt enough that we bagged the whole nethasp idea.

When we went from a regular hasp to a nethasp they wouldn't even let us keep the white hasp. That was not a big deal though all the seats that we had already had were included in the nethasp. If I remember correctly all you should have to do is contact your reseller and the will send you a temporary updated nethasp license file (took about 3 days for us) then after you send them back the white hasp they will send you a permanent nethasp license. I could be wrong but I think that’s all it took.

================================================

Dan

What we have is 4 seats of mill3 with solids on the net hasp, one white hasp with mill and lathe. I'm getting our lathe dept. switched over to Mastercam from Smartcam and was trying to temporarily

stick the white hasp on my computer which is the nethasp server.

Ended up going over to lathe computer instead.

Loving the new job, it's been great playing with and learning new machines.

Makino high speed cells are awesome!