Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone likes the X8 model prep.

tsaxton01

I think it is a great option. it has tools that are vary close to Space Claim. it also give the users more control of solids that are needed for exactly what say prepping. it will take some a little time to get used to but not to long. I look forward to teaching later this year.

I have been testing it for two days now and feel like I have been wasting my time. Way too many changes on the GUI. Very hard to navigate because they changed all the icons which are hard to see or if you change to the bigger option are way too big. Don't like what they did to the backplot. No way now to get a quick look at your toolpath. It is now just a little modified 'verify' from x7 which takes time($) to set up. I can go on but the bottom line is too many changes at once to be able to stay productive and still learn all the changes.