Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool library tool selection bug report (scrapped part)

WildBill9000

I just screwed up a bazillion dollar (government supplied material) job because I selected a tool from my library and MC never actually changed it.  I couldn't see what the tool was because of another bug that never saves the column widths I choose (which is irritating as hell).   I selected a chamfer mill to cut one of the very last features of this one off-rush-job part and MC left it as another tool from a previous way I was going to cut it.  I backed it off .100, but couldnt really see what was really going on in the machine (didnt think anything would be wrong, just wanted to double check the size).  I had to shut down and restart MC to fix it.  

This part is such a massive pain in the butt to cut.  All kinds of close setups, fixturing, and tooling and I scrap it because of a stupid +/- .02 chamfer and end up looking like a fool.

I couldn't see what the tool was because of another bug that never saves the column widths I choose (which is irritating as hell).

The tool manager does save the columns if you do not completely collapse the column,...

To reposition the column select and hold with the left mouse button and drag it to the end of the row.

• Like 1

Happens with creating a new tool also.  Go through all the (slow) prompts and click finish, goes back to tool tab with nothing created but leaves another tool selected (which is a REALLY bad thing).  I have to restart MC to fix it.  

Anybody else have this problem?  

make sure your machine def is defaulted to an X8 tool library, not the old X7 library

make sure your machine def is defaulted to an X8 tool library, not the old X7 library

I created it in X7, what do I have to do to make it X8?  Shouldnt the migration wizard have taken care of that?  

Seems to be some bugs in the tool manager, I tried to "select library tool" and it used the original MC tool library. I closed it then tried again and now it uses my tool library.  !?!??