Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SELECTION MODE IN X8

DUM1

I mean the actual operations, not the toolpaths.   

Cathedral's method is what I do now:  select all and then ctrl select the ones to leave out.

I  would like to be able to have maybe half the ops selected,  then with one click switch to the other half. 

Toolpath groups are good for this.

I use toolpath groups to accomplish this task. Current project has almost 300 total operation in it. I have 5 Main groups of Operations. Inside of those I have sub groups may or may not even go into a futher sub group like tool numbers.

2ND OPERATION RISER 1ST (Main Group)

2ND OPERATION RISER 2ND (Main Group)

MATERIAL PREP OP (Main Group)

OP#1 (Main Group)

++ROUGHING OPERATIONS (Sub Group)

++++TOOL 1 3/4 BULL EM .03R (Sub Tool Group)

++++TOOL 35 1-3/4 INSERTED DRILL

++++TOOL 13

++++TOOL 2

++++TOOL 62

++++TOOL 63

++++TOOL 64

++++TOOL 15

++++TOOL 1 AFTER DRILLING

++++TOOL 2 AFTER DRILLING

++++TOOL 68 1/4 EM 1.25 STICK OUT

++++TOOL 65 1/4 EM 1.75 STICK OUT

++++TOOL 8 1/4 BALL EM

++FINISHING OPERATIONS

++WIRE AND .094 HOLES

++DRILLING AND REAMING 4X .281 HOLES

++PORTING OPS

++THREADMILLING OPS

++DEBURRING OPS

OP#2 (Main Group)

++ROUGHING OPES (Sub Group)

++++TOOL 1

++++

++++

++++

++FINISHING OPES

++WIRE HOLES AND .094 HOLES

++PORTING OPES

++THREADMILLING OPES

++DEBURRING OPES

Make seem like the same names, but we all know you are not allowed to do that so there are suttle differences in the names to allow me to almost use the same names between operation 1 and 2.

HTH(Hope That Helps)

Sometimes I just want to verify a limited area of machining, which may include some random ops (but not all) from a previous setup or two. I would never organize that group of toolpaths into a single group, but that's where I might need this functionality. Toolpath groups just don't do it.

Sometimes I just want to verify a limited area of machining, which may include some random ops (but not all) from a previous setup or two. I would never organize that group of toolpaths into a single group, but that's where I might need this functionality. Toolpath groups just don't do it.

Yes I could see that. Not really sure how someone makes a random selection method that can constantly change be very efficient and effective. :headscratch: