Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool window on parameters folder

johnner

Why doesn’t the tool window resize like all the other windows on the parameters page there are 10 tabs now where there used to be 7 and no more space to view that information, this is a critical window that is pretty much useless.

It has been requested and we have a number for it. You are not alone in your thinking.

I know it’s been requested because I’ve been asking for it for 5 years and now it’s even more frustrating with the addition of the new tabs I have to arrange the tabs every time I open the window which is a lot, I know it’s an easy fix don’t understand the hold up, sorry just frustrated.

I know it’s been requested because I’ve been asking for it for 5 years and now it’s even more frustrating with the addition of the new tabs I have to arrange the tabs every time I open the window which is a lot, I know it’s an easy fix don’t understand the hold up, sorry just frustrated.

I understand where you are coming from and as much as I want things I have to just understand the process though it may seem simple is not always what it appears to be. People making code are everyday people just like you and me. Not some conspiracy to make our lives harder, just not easy to make software. Think it is give it a shot and get back to me. Not defending anyone just putting a different spin on this is all.

It's sucked since V7 (not X7), that I know of.

Thad you want to know something that sucks? Making programs by hand. I am programming 2-21 axis machining centers using Mastercam. I want some things like anyone else, but thinking it is meant to make your job harder on purpose isn't being fair now is it? I got my share of complaints and not calling your complaint unfair, but sucked since V7?

Think you might be a little dramatic?

You can't help but wonder what the thinking is when they add several more pieces of information to a window that has been complained about being too small for YEARS and not adjusting the size or making it adjustable.

Has anyone had this logged as an enhancement request? Or brought it up on the new forum?  

You can't help but wonder what the thinking is when they add several more pieces of information to a window that has been complained about being too small for YEARS and not adjusting the size or making it adjustable.

Has anyone had this logged as an enhancement request? Or brought it up on the new forum?  

Yes I have got a number for it and been many discussions about getting addressed.