Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jet-Blast holes in regular and shrink fit end mill holders

Cincy,

I might end up using few regular holders in smaller diameters at high rpm, but mostly shrink fit will be dedicated for max rpm...

Having said that, I've been running their regular holders at 14k for a long time with no issues. I'm extremly happy with them.

They (hpi) used to make lyndex/nikken tooling for years...

Mark,

Cool. With the addition of our 20k spindle I have noticed a substantial difference from an end mill holder to shrink particularly roughing at those higher RPM with small tools. (5/16 and below) I just finished a run of aluminum parts where I ran a 1/4" roughing tool in various different holders to see where the differences might be. The clear winner was shrink. Ran a Pioneers SX, Fahrion ER, Lyndex EM holder and Haimer shrink.

HPI set screws in their end mill holders suck. The holders themselves are nice. You'll want to replace the screws. 

Are you using all end mill holders at those higher RPM?

I agree with this. The smaller ones are crap. Might as well throw them away as soon as you take the holder out of the tube.

For a 20k Matsuura use the reccomended one from JM Performance products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their high torque version. It is ground to a tighter tolerance than normal versions of that stud and what Matsuura highly reccomends. Look in the pre installation paperwork for it. JM51023HT.