Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plane Variable

I am working on adding a bit of error handling to our post. We program all of the part flips in one Mastercam file. At times we are copying operations between different planes and at times the plane does not get changed thus creating a bo-bo at the machine. I have added the post block below to our post.

pcheck_plane

if sav_workofs <> workofs$,

[

result = mprint(splanewarn,2)

if result = 2, exitpost$

]

It is not fool proof though since often we use the same work offset for all the setups.

I tried using the variable tlplnno for the logic but I always get a return of 1.

The other thought was to use the Tool Plane name string for the logic. Not sure if and how I can pull that string though. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin,

Not helping your post but for straight side 1, flip, side 2, we always run with a different offset. So side 1 G54, side 2 G55.

We have x+ configured so with the 1x click, it posts out a set sheet and it's really easy to scan down it and see the G#s to ensure all is set correctly.

Sorry guys I worked this out and never came back to finish out the post. I pull the Plane Name with pparameter$ #20012 this gives me the name, I just save it at the beginning of the post and then run the post block above when needed. Thanks for everybody's input.