Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

When will MasterCAM simulate post processed programs?

themachinist

I would love to get Vericut. It costs more than what I created the code with in the first place!

If you have stl of your machines, can you build your own vericut machines and save money?

Indeed you can. I've done the training courses at CGTech, and they're well worth it. Plus, the software comes with basic training courses as well. Once you've built one or two machines, it becomes a lot easier. Like anything, it is just practise.

I've built several Mill/Turns, Horizontal and Vertical mills, and two 5 axis machining centres. Both the 5 axis machines have TCPC and Dynamic Fixture offsetting. It took a while to get that understood, but it worked out in the end :)

Since I am using all 5-axis drill paths...good luck looking at all those cosine vectors and figure that sh!t out.

So if Mastercam botched the simulation one of these toolpaths (the 1%, or 10% chance) what would the cost be if you ended up with a scrapped part with the spindle buried in it?

Indeed you can. I've done the training courses at CGTech, and they're well worth it. Plus, the software comes with basic training courses as well. Once you've built one or two machines, it becomes a lot easier. Like anything, it is just practise.

I've built several Mill/Turns, Horizontal and Vertical mills, and two 5 axis machining centres. Both the 5 axis machines have TCPC and Dynamic Fixture offsetting. It took a while to get that understood, but it worked out in the end :)

I use g54.4, g68, g68.2, g68.4, g43.4 extensively.

Can I get a no hassle trial to play with? I want to see what I'm getting into if I go trying to talk the owner into it. Does it have maintenance charges or do I buy it once and done?

I'm interested but I have to justify it.

Can I get a no hassle trial to play with? I want to see what I'm getting into if I go trying to talk the owner into it. Does it have maintenance charges or do I buy it once and done?

Yes you can get a trial, you have to contact a sales guy to get it. Yes there is a maintenance charge on it like any other software today.

• Like 1

So if Mastercam botched the simulation one of these toolpaths (the 1%, or 10% chance) what would the cost be if you ended up with a scrapped part with the spindle buried in it?

What I meant was it wouldn't have to reverse gcode everything into a solid model...it would be nice.....but you wouldn't need machine simulation.

Being able to reverse gcode back into a backplot mode would be good enough....then you could visually backplot your NC code that got altered in the post.

If you need to work on very expensive parts and machines well buy Vericut....

but I doubt Mastercam will ever go there anyways and it's just wishful thinking.

Out of curiosity, what type of machines do you want to verify?

They'll happily give you a demo trial, and it makes sense to do that.

Mazak e machines and a versatech.

As Greg pointed out, there is a E1060 and E650 supplied with the software out of the box. actually, it is surprising how many machines are supplied with the software. CGTech also have a huge library of off the shelf machines. And their tech support is amongst the best I have experienced.