Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

saving an x9 as an earlier version

cherokeechief79

Unless it was pre V3.2 JP has a point. I have no idea what happened in pre 3.2.

I do a lot of .IGS of geometry and surfaces for reading on other systems. No way around it.

Just load X8 and use that for the school work, I still have X6 X7 and X8 for that reason and the hasp will let you use the old versions still.

• Like 1

at work we use x9 but I teach school at night and they are still on x8.

sometimes ill do something or make changes to a file in x9.

I always thought you could save backwards to say x8 or x6 but maybe im thinking way back with ver 9.

now ive gotta save as a dxf and apply all new toolpaths again.

no way around this right?

You can save the file as an earlier version ( I think X9 goes back to X5), but as JP said you can't save toolpaths to an earlier version.

X5 goes back to V8

cherokeechief79, like stated you cannot save geo back as a version as of X6 when the 64bit option came out. but you can install the HLE version of X8 sense it save as a Emcx file format you will be able to use it at school.

When your school move to X9 you will loose the option of saving to a MCX file format and only able to use the EMCX format.