Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tangent to tangent

AMCNitro

Select Create Line Endpoints

Be sure the Tangent button is depressed on the toolbar

Hold mouse close to first radius until it highlights (not on the actual radius line, just close) and click

post-62963-0-34606200-1451494444_thumb.jpg

Move cursor to second radius until it highlights - showing tangent line between the 2 radii, then click

post-62963-0-50608100-1451494481_thumb.jpg

Note: after you click near the first radius, you can drag the mouse around the circumference of the arc and see the line slide along it as it stays tangent.

-Brian

I'm not sure what is going on. You should be able to sketch 2 circles anywhere and then create line endpoints and move cursor close to point where you want tangent line and then do the same for other circle. Are you sure you have the tangent icon on? There should be a dark line going across left hand corner of tangent icon. Bottom right corner means its off.

I'm not sure what is going on. You should be able to sketch 2 circles anywhere and then create line endpoints and move cursor close to point where you want tangent line and then do the same for other circle. Are you sure you have the tangent icon on? There should be a dark line going across left hand corner of tangent icon. Bottom right corner means its off.

Are you in the TOP view and wcs

Tried it again and it worked, I dont know why it wasnt doing it earlier.  Brain fart perhaps...hmmm

I have never noticed it being glitchy at all, any chance there might be something wrong with perhaps mouse or video card? Tangent and tangent between 2 just happens and since I can do it easily it must not take an inordinate amount of skill.

I have noticed tangent at an angle sometimes pops on the other side of the circle but it all depends on where you exit the active screen to designate the angle. If you exit the screen within about 90 degrees of the side you want it tangent to even on a semi circle it always ends up on the correct side.

I bet a number of us could watch you do it once and figure out what is going on but it is hard to diagnose problems like this without seeing it happen.

I have never noticed it being glitchy at all, any chance there might be something wrong with perhaps mouse or video card? Tangent and tangent between 2 just happens and since I can do it easily it must not take an inordinate amount of skill.

I have noticed tangent at an angle sometimes pops on the other side of the circle but it all depends on where you exit the active screen to designate the angle. If you exit the screen within about 90 degrees of the side you want it tangent to even on a semi circle it always ends up on the correct side.

I bet a number of us could watch you do it once and figure out what is going on but it is hard to diagnose problems like this without seeing it happen.

I was just wondering if theres a way to record it.  It could be the mouse driver.