Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiple setups...how do you approach?

MIL-TFP-41

That's how I've always done it. Force of habit and also it helps me stay organized. Plus the fact that I'm basically self taught since V9 and I don't know what options I have or how other people do things.

Here is a sample of a gravy job and how I have it set up:

p.s. Don't laugh   :guitar: attachicon.gifXXXX.MCX-5

OH HEEEEELL NO! LOL I went from V7 to X2 to X5 to X7 to X8 back to X5.  IF you learn WCS you're going to make your life sooooo much easier, give it  shot!  Im sure we can all help you.  If I had time Id fix that file for you so you can see how much better it would be.

With WCS you basically set the part up on your workspace the same way it would be sitting on your vise, but it can be all on the same level...sigh... Im not good at explaining things

• Like 1

OH HEEEEELL NO! LOL I went from V7 to X2 to X5 to X7 to X8 back to X5.  IF you learn WCS you're going to make your life sooooo much easier, give it  shot!  Im sure we can all help you.  If I had time Id fix that file for you so you can see how much better it would be.

With WCS you basically set the part up on your workspace the same way it would be sitting on your vise, but it can be all on the same level...sigh... Im not good at explaining things

Look at that file, simple, but it might help you see what WCS does.  Open the WCS manager and have a look

S1610-33002.MCX-5

• Like 1

OH HEEEEELL NO! LOL 

HAHA!

As of a almost 3 years ago I never messed with WCS. But with the addition of our 4th axis I have been learning more and more. I don't program 4th axis every day, but usually once a week or so I need to.

I do see the benefit of WCS in typical 3 axis work, I just need to break that habit.  

I use custom macro to solve these issues.

In a nutshell:

1. Main program calls and changes tools then calls cutting subprogram

2. Cutting subprogram is put into 'While" loop which increments the parts coordinate system (G10L20P__) with each iteration.

example (15 PARTS):

O1241(mill sub)

#21=1

WHILE [#21 LE 15] DO 1

G54.1P#21

|

|

approach and do cutting

|

retract for fixture clearance

|

#21=[#21+1]

END 1

|

M99

The toolpath group in the operations manager contains only 1 part in 1 fixture.

More fixtures due to another operation on the part ? use another toolpath group and repeat.

• Like 1