Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Machine: 6-axis SNK RB-200F w/ Fanuc 30I Model A control

sharles

Ok we got this new machine installed and up and running over the holidays, but the SNK tech who was supposed to teach us how to use the machine spoke such poor English that we struggled to get our questions answered especially about what kind of posting format we would need. I talked to our re-saler for mastercam and we had a custom post made but it was NOTHING like what we expected or what we use on our other 5-axis Fanuc controlled machine.

So do any of you guys have any experience with this machine and what kind of post it needs?

Here is the sample of the header and ending of the post we had intended to get, which is based on the kind of programs we run with our other Fanuc controlled 5-axis machine. We wanted to run the machine using G43.4 and also utilize the G68.2 so we can use our canned cycles and cutter comp in any toolplane. But my lead CAM guy said what they gave us was some kind of custom posting made ONLY for this SNK machine that utilizes a bunch macros. We don't know whether we should tell them we want what we asked for or whether their custom SNK post is better, but then how do we learn to use it when the SNK tech out of Chicago can barely speak English??????

T1

M6

G40G80G49G94

G54

G0G90B0C0S3800M3

W0

G5.1Q1

G43.4H1Z20.T2

G1Z3.1F150.

Z3.F20.

X.0645Z2.9993B1.2664C.0002F150.

X.1507Z2.9961B2.931....

X.0739Z2.999B-1.4471

X0Z3.B-.0001

M9

M5

G49

G5.1Q0

M30

• Like 1

Postabillity did my post for Mazak Versatech which is a 6 axis with Z/W colinear. I use G68.2 for my shifts/rotations and so far they have nailed everything I asked for. I do not like the macros that were provided and no one at Mazak seemed to understand them so I had my post tweaked to control W with misc real and I handle the W position based on the table. It took a few rounds to get my post where it is now and I have a few mods remaining but as I said before Postabillity is good to work with and if you can tell them what you want you'll get it. I imagine your code should look a lot like mine. Check to see if you can move W with a shift or rotation active. Every Fanuc based colinear machine I've dealt with could not take a positioning axis move unless all comps and shifts were cancelled. Figure that out first and then you will have a better idea of how to handle it.

• Like 1

Honestly if you didn't get your moneys worth in the training because of a language barrier, I would call the company and tell them they need to send a different person out to do the training. In my opinion they didn't live up to their responsibility in training you. 

As for the post, just because its a "Custom post" doesn't mean anything. I would start with asking them to explain why it's formatted the way it is. If they don't have a good reason for it I would tell them to provide you with a post from Postability. A post isn't something to take lightly, if it isn't 100% you will pay dearly for it over time.

• Like 3

Actually this post IS from Postability...the first time we got one from them via our reseller...in the past they have used a different post company...

Dave Thompson at Postability is one of the best in the business. If you are having any issues with communication, I'd encourage you to contact Dave directly.

[email protected]

Yes Dave set me straight the other day on a mistake I was making with a RAH on a 5 Axis machine. I was trying to keep the RAH locked 90 degrees to A facing the Y axis direction. I am doing some clevis holes and wanted to helix mill them to hold location. in 2 areas I was running out of room and thought I will just kick the head over and be good to go. Dave could see my mistake, but I couldn't right off. Once I finally realized the RAH would have to spin along the A axis to make it work and yes he could do that I rethought my process. Point of the story is he gets it and there is a break down, but like others have said it goes back SNK not the dealer and not the post builder. Without good information you either have to go figure it out, pay someone else to come in and figure it out or have the people who were supposed to do it do it correctly. I would have never signed off on the machine had I been trained in such a way. Hate to hear stories like this, but it does help keep 5th Axis Consulting have people call us. Not that you have called us, but we would be glad to help. :turned: :turned:

• Like 2

Actually this post IS from Postability...the first time we got one from them via our reseller...in the past they have used a different post company...

In that case I am confident Dave can explain to you his reasoning behind the format. I would still encourage you to talk to him about it, even if its just to ease your mind.  

Thanks to everyone for your replies. My reseller happens to be in the area today. He said he's going to try to swing by so we can pepper him with questions and figure out where to go from there. If he can't give us better direction, I will definitely keep everyone's offers in mind!!! :thumbsup: