Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T How do you make your programs?

robk

Much like Millman, I tend to do many things at once; I prefer to go at things one operation at a time (It's where I shine) but I also preplan and program all prior to making the parts - this is really dependant on how many interuptions and distractions come my way on a day to day basis.

Each distraction and interuption causes another opportunity to not measure a tool or not clamp a part. The dangers of proficiency bites you in the butt sometimes.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

I don't think I've ever programmed a entire job in one sitting since I've worked here. When I started using MC, I did all the 2D programming and I didn't run the machines. Now, I do 2D and 3D programming and I also run the machines.

We have 4 seats and up to 6 guys trying to get in and use it. You've got to squeeze in, program what you can and get out so the next guy can get in. Even when things aren't so busy, the general rule is to get it ruffing and then go back and finish programming while the machine is running.

I keep telling my boss that we need more seats. After hearing it...what he thought was too many times...he reminded me that there's a few seats that don't get used on night shift. eek.gif That shut me up! biggrin.gif

Thad