Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SOLID HELP

mirek1017

Yes you are getting a handle of where we are going but in order to be able to create all the surfaces needed the helix's must extend a full helix above and below the top and bottom dimensions of the print.

So use the top and bottom inner and outer segments and translate/copy them.

Then re do your sweep.

You are pretty close to where you need to be.

sweep this line ????

sweep this line ????

No i mean copy all your helix's above and below like these 2, use the last upper and lower segments.

And redo your solid sweep just like before...you're almost there

You will make ruled surface with one inner and one outer helix for that surface you are pointing to.

you should end up with 2 outer helix's and 2 inner and all of them should be above the pat like picture.

One of the outer is going to be made off the solid sweep which is the one I copied up.

The other helix's are the ones that you made manually with helix function.

You should probably delete the all the edge curve helix's made off the inside edge solid sweep (the one I copied up) and create it last after you redo your solid sweep.

Put those solids on another level you do not need them right now.  You will not use the center cylinder at all you will make a solid from surfaces and boolean the top flange.

When you redo your solid sweep, put it on a different level and make surfaces off the 2 faces you need and the edge curve off the inner edge

and move the surfaces and helix onto your working level.

You will be making a complete surface model.

After you build all your surfaces you will build trimming curves using 0, and the bottom longest length.

Then from front view trim all your surfaces, cap with flat boundaries and create solids from surfaces using .03 tolerance.

Boolean the top flange and clear history and face colors, create face to face fillets and the rest of your features.

post-5941-0-71998200-1456412100_thumb.jpg

no i mean copy all your helix's above and below like these 2, use the last upper and lower segments.

And redo your solid sweep just like before...you're almost there

You will make ruled surface with one inner and one outer helix for that surface you are pointing to.

you should end up with 2 outer helix's and 2 inner.

one of the outer is going to be made off the solid sweep which is the one I copied up.

The other helix's are the ones that you made manually with helix function.

You should probably delete the all the edge curve helix's made off the inside edge solid sweep (the one I copied up) and create it last after you redo your solid sweep.

Put those solids on another level you do not need them right now.  You will not use the center cylinder at all you will make a solid from surfaces and boolean the top flange.

When you redo your solid sweep, put it on a different level and make surfaces off the 2 faces you need and the edge curve off the inner edge

and move the surfaces and helix onto your working level.

You will be making a complete surface model.

After you build all your surfaces you will build trimming curves using 0, and the bottom longest length.

Then from front view trim all your surfaces, cap with flat boundaries and create solids from surfaces using .03 tolerance.

Boolean the top flange and clear history and face colors, create face to face fillets and the rest of your features.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

first step done

thank  Murlin  again for your  time.  I try  to do this again from the beginning .

no need to do from beginning you are almost there don't start over.

you just have to finish copying helix segments up.

you just have to delete the surfaces you made and remake them when you get your helix's correct...then the rest is real easy and fast.

The most important part has always been the helix's and the solid sweep, but you cannot do the solid sweep or make any surfaces until your helix's are correct

I want you to try and figure out as much as you can yourself, you will learn more that way.

I have given you everything you need to do this part.

Do you not understand that you must extend all your helix's above and below part?

no need to do from beginning you are almost there don't start over.

you just have to finish copying helix segments up.

you just have to delete the surfaces you made and remake them when you get your helix's correct...then the rest is real easy and fast.

The most important part has always been the helix's and the solid sweep, but you cannot do the solid sweep or make any surfaces until your helix's are correct

I want you to try and figure out as much as you can yourself, you will learn more that way.

I have given you everything you need to do this part.

Do you not understand that you must extend all your helix's above and below part?

exactly,I do not understand as I have a done the helix's :(

well you really need to pay closer attention.

Yes, you are getting there....

Remake the extra long center helix just like the rest and copy them until you have three, that is 3

helix's the same length....look at the colors...do all you helix's look the same length as mine???

actually length might not be the best way to describe it....but all 3 helixs have to end up on the same plane.

All the helix's are full size not trimmed.

post-5941-0-08292600-1456426760_thumb.jpg

post-5941-0-42529200-1456426766_thumb.png

Master80, forgive me, I have been doing this for 20 years and can do this stuff in my sleep.

Sometimes I forget it might not be so easy for others....

You are doing great and you are almost there, this is a difficult job for most....just get the helix's done and it is all downhill from there...

Murlin I would like to have awife so patient as you  :))))

• Like 1

You have to set your cursor on chain and select the helix and it will stop where the duplicate is...then zoom in to find it.

We don't want to be grabbing that one by mistake it will make our model hard to turn into a solid.

look at my pic and count the helix's where the dotted line goes half way down.

Now you see this helix where you cheated and made it longer with more rev's?

This is going to cause an inconsistent number of syncs in our surfaces and might lead to difficulty adding fillet, could cause wavy surface or other problems.

I wish you would have fixed it correctly like I told you we will have to wait and see.  might not do anything, 

For good models everything needs to be same same....

post-5941-0-59984400-1456431932_thumb.jpg