Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

file converter settings

Tim Pruett

Could someone post a screen shot of their "settings, configuration, converters" page that works good. It seems like I always have trouble converting parasolid files. I always get some faces missing or some fillets missing or screwed up. I'm getting these from my solidworks guy. Thanks

Tim

• Like 1

well I thought I figured it out. I can't see the attachment on my edited post.

Also whenever I try to open a .sldprt file it says it can't find the parasolid data in solidworks file.

I can't get the file to attach. It keeps saying "you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

I can't open solidworks files. He saves them as parasolids then I open those.

I will try your settings

Curious as to why?

You have the ability to open SW2016 with Update 3 in X9

John, I would rather open his native solidworks files but I keep getting the error it can't find the parasolid data. I have the latest update in mastercam x9

I had his save the file as a step and and iges and I get the same result. Part of the fillets are missing and really screwed up.

I tried opening several .sldprt files. even from a few years ago. I get the same error. I then tried using the wire guys seat of mastercam to open a couple of .sldprt files and it crashed both times. This shouldn't be this difficult. I read the other thread and I got really confused. Could you explain exactly what I need to do to fix this problem. I use to be able to open his .sldprt files no problem. Not sure what went wrong. Thanks for the help

interesting, I wonder why. What could I tell the solidworks guy to do different?

Not sure. If I open a .sldprt file in notepad, for example, There's a bunch of gibberish, but I can also read some english text, mentioning SW. I see nothing like that in your file. Don't know what to tell you.