Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mc quit working can anyone help?

dan m

I hope everyone had a good holiday. After coming back to work after almost 2 weeks off my mc will not launch. It try’s to start but once it gets to the point it should start loading the icons it disappears. I check the task manager and it is not running. I noticed with the split second that it is up at the bottom it says, "current mill level not enabled" It is finding the hasp so I don’t understand the problem. It is a net hasp and the client computers work fine. I also noticed that the net hasp no longer runs as a service so I have to leave the computer logged on. Our IT dept is in contact with our reseller but it don't sound promising that they are going to come up with anything soon. I figure with all the knowledge out here someone has probably seen this.

Thanks in Advance

Dan,

Is the date/time correct on your computer? Perhaps with the new year, something got jazzed up. I'm not familiar with Nethasp, so you may have to check all computers. Someone just had this problem. It's a long shot, but worth looking into.

Thad

Thad,

The whole shop is not down it's just the computer in my office. Looks like i'm going to have to work on one of the computers on the floor. Sure am going to miss my nice cushy office while they try to figure this out. I dont know much about computers but i'm guessing there is somthing wrong with windows or the pc. But that doesn't make much sense either because all the other programs on the pc work. 3 1/2 days and mc has been uninstalled and reinstalled probably 50 times and IT still has no clue.

yes i am running a nethasp and it is pluged into my computer. all the remote computers work it's just mine that dont. So i guess that makes my computer the server for mc and i've rebooted it countless times the past few days, it's getting close to 1 more booting andthats with a size 9

Dan,

What kind of network do you have? (windows, novell, etc.)

have you tried with nonelse running MC on the other pc's

What operating system?

Is it a usb or parallel hasp?

quote:

mad.gif
it's getting close to 1 more booting andthats with a size 9

mad.gif

LOL! Not being nosey, but it is starting to sound like something simple thats being overlooked. (I was having trouble with a pc that could not see nethasp, and after going thru all appropriate steps, still nothing. ??? Turned out Pc was not on confused.gif network confused.gif )

Jim,

I'm not sure what kind of network it is. I think it's windows but I work in a very big place with many different buildings across 3 states that are on the same network if that tells you anything. Mastercam runs fine on the 5 other pc's we have it on so I am sure there is somthing stupid going on. I am running 2000 prof. with a 2 gig processor and 1 gig of ram not sure of the video card. The hasp I have is a parallel port nethasp. As for the pc not being on the network that is not the problem I can do all other network functions just fine. They are suposed to bring someone in from the outside today to take a look but I couldn't findout who. I dont think it's a mc problem I think it's a pc problem possibly video card do you think that would make sense? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

dan m,

It could very possibly be the video card. Find out for sure what the card is but in the meantime, try setting the Hardware Acceleartion down to nothing and see if it will at least keep the Mastercam session open. It may also have something to do with Mcam's memory allocations being set wrong. If Mcam is trying to suck up too much memory, the O/S will most likely shut it down as an "application error" or ".EXE error" but it may be doing it so quickly that the error message doesn't have a chance to display before Mcam is shut down. HTH cheers.gif

Dame that kills me. I thought you stated you did this all ready Dan.

That is the only thing that came to mind.

I had tat problem On my server when trying to run MC.

Becuase it is a server and cheap card.

I new i should of broght it up again.

Sorry I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that fixed it.

Slaped my self in the head and said I could of had a V8. eek.gif

dan m,

This should change with the release of Version X. That is supposed to be a full Windows application so it will support Direct X and other graphics display standards instead of just Open GL. Most commercial cards don't support Open GL, or just don't care to. Their market is in the gaming and entertainment industry, not Engineering. The integrated cards are even worse. It's like they just slapped a couple of extra chips on the motherboard and sent it on through a wave solder machine and said "that's good enough". It is if you're doing nothing but word processing and database applications but it won't fly with Mastercam. cheers.gif