Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Car Tax

chip

Though this has been covered throughly. The State of Ca. is being sued for money it WOULD HAVE gotten for the car tax. Yesterday in the L.A. times the mayor of Compton Omar Bradley is having a difficult time justifing his spending of tax payers money.

My car's first year regristration is almost $500.00 If this car tax would have been instated it would have gone up to $1500.00. Ol' Arnold saved me almost $1000.00 his first day in office. Just like the EDISON SCANDAL, our rates went up to cover for the screw up is office! Why are we always the ones to get hit the hardest when someone else screws up?

I'm curious to out of state regristration prices compared to Ca. Just me rambling...............

Call me a cynic, but I am quite certain that we will end up paying that same money and probably more before this is all settled out. And it may not be settled out anytime soon since the federal tax cuts have deferred even more burden on states and localities. We may not get an overt tax hike, but we will see some creative deceptions and deferments in the way the state pays its bills. I may have to move to Michigan.

Oh, and while we're OT, how about Bush pandering to the Latino vote in this election year with his new immigration policy?

[ 01-08-2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: WESTGATE HARDWOODS ]

If you think car tax is unfair, I get a bill each year from the town where my business is located. This year the bill is almost $1300 for the pleasure of owning a VMC. They call this a personal property tax. It is a levy, which they place on businesses and corporations for anything of value (Mastercam included), which the town wishes to assess. Ahh the joy of owning a business:)

i just got my renewal form yesterday for a 1 year old honda minivan and its 81 $$$ and cars are about 1/2 that trucks and vans are more ...what i want to know is how much for car insurance cost in differnt parts of the country i have 2003 honda oddessy full coverage and 1988 bmw convertable and 1981 mercedes benz both with liability only and i pay about 2000$$ thats with two adults over 35 and no kids on as riders and we both have good records no tickets no accidents how about the rest of you how much$$$$$$$$$$

Insurance....I am fortunate enough to obtain 2 D.U.I.'s, My 2003 Mustang GT and a 72' square back, I pay $300.00 a MONTH! (1500.00 every 6 mo.) mad.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

I tried not to use this thread to bitch about a topic, I agree we all work hard at what we do for a living, most make decent money. I just thought CA. got taxed harder than most.

Bushes immagration laws.....That affects most everyone on a large scale. I don't know enough yet, I just don't agree with the lazy a$$ illegals who learn to scam the system at our (tax payers) expence and collect unemployment and welfare. cheers.gif

SURFACE,

quote:

If you think car tax is unfair, I get a bill each year from the town where my business is located. This year the bill is almost $1300 for the pleasure of owning a VMC. They call this a personal property tax.

They got that here in TN - but I got a city and county PP tax. Last year, think it was around $40 or $50 each.

As far as car/truck tags go-

2000 F350 - tags are $28.00 a year - insurance is about 620.00 a year.

If I lived in some of the places you others do and had to pay as much as you are stating, I'd be thinking about moving! eek.gif

Later,

Mark A.

2002 Jimmy 1500 (bought new)

2002 FunRunner 21' Toy Hauler (bought new)

1997 Suzuki TL1000 (bought new)

1994 Suzuki GSXR750 (bought new)

1994 Chevy 4x4 Longbed (to replace the Rekd Toyota P/U)

1987 Jeep Wrangler

19xx VW Sand Rail

(yeah, yeah, too many vehicles for 2 people, but hey, we sold the T-Bird!)

Annual Reg Fees? Well over a grand.

Annual Insurance? My wife won't tell me, but with a couple accidents and a ticket, it's at 4 digits, and the first digit is prolly NOT a '1'. eek.gif

'Rekd