Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

another "extra click" example that has become my nemisis

jlw™

I got rid of all my extra clicks. I went back to X9. :harhar:

So tired of the added crap I have to do just to accomplish the same thing. But... oooooh shiney@!! I already refuse to do 5 axis work until they fix it with 2017 just about there with the rest of it.

• Like 1

I have it to get rid of those annoying dialog boxes. I could make a screen recording but you wouldn't even know I'm using it, because you simply don't see those annoying dialogs.

Similarly, if you want a box checked all the time, when the dialog box pops up, within milliseconds, it's checked.

You define what window to look for and then what keystrokes to send to that window. It executes your commands in the blink of an eye. This program isn't designed to work just with MC, it's designed work with any Windows application. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Jeremy,

The filter really is your friend. Click on the "Filter" button, then "Double-click" the the tool type you are looking for. This saves me a ton of time. Why sort through 300+ tools, when you can just grab what you want quickly? Once someone told me about double-clicking the tool type, it saves me so much time vs. scrolling up and down in that main window...

If you really, absolutely, have to disable that checkbox, there might be a way. Let me check real quick...

Colin, did you find a way to turn it off?

No, I tried editing the Operation Defaults, thinking it might be tied to that file. It looks like the setting comes from some other location though.

Next thing to try is a program like Resource Hacker, which will let you edit some of the controls contained inside of the DLL files. I'll try playing with it and see if I can find it.

Since you always load a "machine specific" Library, have you tried using the option that loads all your tools from that library into the Mastercam file? The "filter" button on the Operation Dialog interface is unchecked by default. It's only when you open the Tool Manager that it's default state is checked. Loading everything at the start would just let you scroll through your tools without having the extra step of loading the manager.