Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT / Canadians / Americans

Tony

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random thoughts about me and Canada.

My wife and I took a belated honeymoon in Toronto in 1971. Spent the days downtown and in its environs, and spent a couple evenings at Ontario Place. We have traveled a lot and still remember it as one of our best trips.

I have a good friend at work who is originally from St. Catherines, Ontario.

I had a boss from Sarnia, Ontario. He was a real ****head. Apparantly even Canada raises them.

My company has just merged with a Canadian company.

Our new CEO is a Canadian lawyer. I don't know if they are as evil as American lawyers!

If I couldn't live here in the USA, Canada would be the next choice.

Last but not least, you gotta love the people who bring you the Red Green Show.

Chance couldn't have delivered a more apt name to this thread than Rick Mercer. He is renowned for making video spoofs like the one above - but his favorite topic is American Ignorance of the world around them. Please don't take offence to this, I am as equally ignorant of America.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You're right Andrew. 75% or better of the American Population has absolutely no clue what goes on outside of our borders. Shoot, my kids barely know what goes on outside our city only because I constantly rant.gif about various things. I'm the activist of the family. Probably enough for the rest of the family and then some.

I brought a recording of Rick Mercer's compilation of the best ones from his Talking To Americans segments on This Hour Has 22 Minutes to the inlaws' place. The result was a lot of blank expressions smile.gif

I am sure glad Prime Minister Tim Horton got his double-double, that we now have 800 miles of paved road and dogs are finally allowed as housepets. I wonder if Dubbya will ever meet that Prime Minister Poutine that congratulated him biggrin.gif

Well I thought I knew till T raveld outside of America then i got a whole different picture about how good we got it. Yu otalk to these Military guys and ask what they se out there they will tell you how bad it is. People die everyday in this world for reason we can not convice of in America. In places in the world as much as 1200 babies die a week from Aid, Starving, War, and things we just don't have to face on our worst days. I am thnakful I cna keep a roof over my familes head but we got it so much better than most and it is just not appeircate by so many.

Bullines,

One of the best was whether Canada should go to the 24 hour clock or stay on the metric time system. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Phil

With this post I guess I have come of age on the board. Philcott Senior Member . Has a nice ring to it don't you think. smile.gif

Wow it's automatic too.

Tony,

quote:

Bastille Day is a National holiday in France. It is very much like Independence Day in the United States because it is a celebration of the beginning of a new form of government.

At one time in France, kings and queens ruled. Many people were very angry with the decisions made by the kings and queens.

The Bastille was a prison in France that the kings and queens often used to lock up the people that did not agree with their decisions. To many, it was a symbol of all the bad things done by the kings and queens. So, on July 14, 1789, a large number of French citizens gathered together and stormed the Bastille.

Just as the people in the United States celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence as the beginning of the American Revolution, so the people in France celebrate the storming of the Bastille as the beginning of the French Revolution. Both Revolutions brought great changes. Kings and queens no longer rule. The people rule themselves and make their own decisions.

Does this help? smile.gif

Phil

Holy Christ!

And I thought it was a Canadian Holiday because

Rush (from Canada) Sang about it!!!

Man, What a Jack xxxx...

There is hope for the next generation,

When I went to school only one year

Of Social studies was required.

Starting this Fall.

The Class of 2008 has to take

3yrs of math,Science and social studies.

quote:

The Class of 2008 has to take

3yrs of math,Science and social studies.

Imagine, Eventually I'm sure that there will be a requirement for 4 full years of secondary scool and there is a possibility that Post Secondard Degree Granting Facilities will start educating the graduates of this program. I wonder if there is a chance that an athletic program will germinate and have a massive television following.

Time will tell. wink.gif

Anyone know of Guy Fox day?