Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petro7

small drill

11 posts in this topic

Looking for another supplier to buy a 40 micron drill. osg has them but they are 320.00 per drill. all the other supplier stop at 50 micron. any other suggestions will help. Thanks. Been using harvey tool for the 50 micron holes but they don't go smaller then that.

3 people like this

Will they do them custom?

Good question I will have to check that.

Thanks  this gives me a few more options.

Do you regrind them yourself?  :laughing:

Dang if you even LOOK at the flutes on those it seems like it will break.  

Jeff teh hates tiny stuff.

1 person likes this

I am curious to know how you set the tool height with such a small drill. I have been looking at a Parlec optical tool pre setter but even using that, they recommended something like minimum size of .005".

LeoC

I am curious to know how you set the tool height with such a small drill. I have been looking at a Parlec optical tool pre setter but even using that, they recommended something like minimum size of .005".

LeoC

Optical comparator to a known stick out. Now compare the actual to the know and you are good to go.

LeoC

Parlec will do it but you might have to adjust the illumination to get the length correct.  It's good for checking run out too.  More than a tenth of runout would break a drill that size.  I break them just taking it out of the package.