Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017 Origin, end point ?

cncfrank

That is called AutoCursor and it is on the bar fixed at the top middle of the graphics area. You are referring to the auto cursor and that has lived on my RMB for over a decade now. I turned my transparency of these off since I don't have the new one floating over the top of my RMB and parked in the Bottom Center and transparency has not effect on it.

Here is what my RMB looks like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7243d8osx1rqf21/RMB%20AutoCursor.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czfis61dkv0lu5y/RMB%20AutoCursor%20Lock.png?dl=0

Ok, one more question, I machine on a vertical machine with a rotary, so when I'm machining different sides of my part I have always used CPLANE ROTATE and then name the new plane like A270. or whatever it may be.  Hopefully this new Mastercam isn't going to force me to use the Gnome.  Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Frank

In the Plane Manager, select the desired plane , right click and choose  rotate incremental

Keep one thing in mind

You cannot not edit the 7 original planes

In your case, you would

right click Top, hit duplicate, then right click the result and choose rotate incremental

2017 Planes work differently than previous releases, but I really like them now that I have figured them out