Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 AXIS

manel

HI

i am using mastercamfor solidworks , and i have a problem with 4 axis .

when using transform toolpath i get a program with A0 A90 A45..........

but when using the plane manager , ang generate the program , icant get the A deplacement ,i only have the A0

Hi Manel, How are your Planes set for those toolpaths? The reason I ask is Planes set incorrectly is probably the leading cause to issues of this nature in my opinion. If you have a sample file I would be willing to take a quick look if you wanted to upload a sample of your file with your toolpaths applied, or if its a confidential part I am sure your local re-seller would be happy to help as well but take a look at your planes first, If the WCS / CPlane / Tplane all match then that would explain why you are not seeing the rotary moves in the code.

11 hours ago, JoshC said:

Hi Manel, How are your Planes set for those toolpaths? The reason I ask is Planes set incorrectly is probably the leading cause to issues of this nature in my opinion. If you have a sample file I would be willing to take a quick look if you wanted to upload a sample of your file with your toolpaths applied, or if its a confidential part I am sure your local re-seller would be happy to help as well but take a look at your planes first, If the WCS / CPlane / Tplane all match then that would explain why you are not seeing the rotary moves in the code.

thanks you

i have done the toolpath in mastercam for solidworks 2017

when generating the g code i should have A90 but there is not rotation of a axis

please help

e mastercam sample.SLDPRT

Did you set planes with the rotations?  Can you share your file?  you will still have to set planes to get rotation.  You don't have to set planes when translating because it does that in the translation.  if you do not want to use translate you will need to set planes for rotation.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jlw™ said:

Did you set planes with the rotations?  Can you share your file?  you will still have to set planes to get rotation.  You don't have to set planes when translating because it does that in the translation.  if you do not want to use translate you will need to set planes for rotation.

THANKS

I SET MY PLANES WITH PLANE MANAGER AS I USED TO DO WITH MASTRECAM

THINGS ARE DIFFERENTS  WITH MASTERCAM FOR SOLIDWORKS

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK TO THE ATTACHED FILE

27 minutes ago, manel said:

THANKS

I SET MY PLANES WITH PLANE MANAGER AS I USED TO DO WITH MASTRECAM

THINGS ARE DIFFERENTS  WITH MASTERCAM FOR SOLIDWORKS

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK TO THE ATTACHED FILE

Just like in Stand alone Mastercam your WCS for all operation must stay the same and the T=Plane and C-plane must change to get rotations. You have 2 different WCS and I would expect to see A0 at each.

Also you need to select C-plane and T-Plane Slot 2 for the 2nd operation.

FYI caps is considering rude and yelling.

On 11/03/2017 at 6:40 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Just like in Stand alone Mastercam your WCS for all operation must stay the same and the T=Plane and C-plane must change to get rotations. You have 2 different WCS and I would expect to see A0 at each.

Also you need to select C-plane and T-Plane Slot 2 for the 2nd operation.

FYI caps is considering rude and yelling.

THANK YOU

every thing is clear

just one more question ;what is the difference between mastercam and mastercam for solidworks ,and wich one is greater

thanks every body

5 hours ago, manel said:

just one more question ;what is the difference between mastercam and mastercam for solidworks ,and wich one is greater

I believe the standalone version has MUCH more CAM power than does the MC4SW which does have a place otherwise

36 minutes ago, JParis said:

I believe the standalone version has MUCH more CAM power than does the MC4SW which does have a place otherwise

i used  to work with solidworks  , geometry creation with mastercam is difficult , and when exporting solid bodies it is difficult to offset surfaces extend contour .....

thats why mastyercam forsolidworks seems easier for me .

4 minutes ago, manel said:

i used  to work with solidworks  , geometry creation with mastercam is difficult , and when exporting solid bodies it is difficult to offset surfaces extend contour .....

thats why mastyercam forsolidworks seems easier for me .

lol, no, it's actually rather simple

I might suggest you get some real training :)

6 minutes ago, Dual Design said:

I could say that to make a scetch, body or surface much easier on Solidworks then on Mastercam. Measure on Solidworks is easier as well. And even set the geometry for toolpath in MCFSW faster and less complicated then in Stanalone version.

You'd be wrong but that's ok :D

3 minutes ago, Dual Design said:

We checked it with my coworker, who has 15 years experience in Mastercam. Drawing any sketch in Solidworks much faster. And you can draw a sketch on any face of solid body. In Mastercam you have to make plane

I've seen plenty of "15 year" users that had a hard time making a simple toolpath....

When you do support for a living you get to see a lot of things

Just sayin'

and I am quite an adept SW's user too.....yes, I prefer to do the bulk of my design work in SW's but not because I cannot do in MC