Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5ax toolpath you rely on most

lowcountrycamo

I did take the McamUnv multi axis but it focused mostly on 5ax curves.  Other than that, I am self teaching 5ax.  So far I have used Swarf and Curves exclusively.  I do mostly aerospace parts with angled walls with steps.  We have Table/Table and Head/Head mills.  What 5ax path to you use most and why, Please.

Thanks,

Steve Austin

50 minutes ago, lowcountrycamo said:

I did take the McamUnv multi axis but it focused mostly on 5ax curves.  Other than that, I am self teaching 5ax.  So far I have used Swarf and Curves exclusively.  I do mostly aerospace parts with angled walls with steps.  We have Table/Table and Head/Head mills.  What 5ax path to you use most and why, Please.

Thanks,

Steve Austin

To bad you did not take the new course for 2018 we covered many types of paths as the two are only to of many paths that we covered in the new one coming out.
I agree Morph is a fav along with Parallel and along curve.

drill, flow5, morhp, curve, swarf

head/head and table/heads here.  flow5 seems to give the best motion on table/head and morph on head/head.

I have also been playing with port for some non-port features and pleased with the results.

Let me see which one is my favorite? Parallel is about neck and neck with morph now. Just helped a customer finish up a project on a Ti part. We are taking 36lbs of Ti and turning it into 1.5lbs in about 7 hours. Nice when you pull a part off the machine and the burr hands are asking are you trying to put me out of work. 5Axis is much art as it is the toolpaths. Each part presents its owns process and up to us to figure out the best way to tackle it. 

• Like 1