Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MODELLING

paulfell

23 minutes ago, pullo said:

You actually need a sheet first as an input for thicken. It's what id does , takes a sheet and makes a solid out of it with a thickness....

Gracjan

OK. I'M NOT USED TO DEALING WITH SHEET MODELS. ALTHOUGH I HAVE TRIED TO THICKEN WITH NO JOY. AS IT KEEPS TELLING ME THICKEN OPERATION FAILED

1 hour ago, paulfell said:

I'VE ACTUALLY TRANSLATED THE PART, WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE SORTED IT. I'VE DONE A FEW CHECKS AND SIZE SEEMS TO BE CONSISTANT. FROM A MACHINISTS POINT OF VIEW I INITIALLY DIDN'T THINK THIS WOULD WORK!! THOUGHTS???

I don't think translating should work. The part needs to be offset in all directions, normal to the surfaces. You'll need a thicken or offset type of operation to do that. If your geometry is fairly simple, you may not see much difference when checking your translated surfaces.

Or you could possibly just cut the other half to -.048 stock.

Create>Surface>Offset... 

This is what I use when putting part clearance on sheet surfaces. Or like Pullo said, 

1 hour ago, pullo said:

really lazy style offset would be to machine with a stock to leave 0.048....

Maybe gear back on the caps lock too.

2 hours ago, F10Brandon said:

Create>Surface>Offset... 

This is what I use when putting part clearance on sheet surfaces. Or like Pullo said, 

Maybe gear back on the caps lock too.

anyone who programs stays in caps all the time, don't know why people here think its yelling.

don't know how many times i type some response and then notice its caps and just says forget it i'm not typing that again!

13 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Are you saying no one else on here programs?

I think he is referring to "programming" as hand-typing G-code.

I know that I've been dealing with a bunch of programs written in the 90's, using Catia. Not only do we not have Catia, but the original NC programs were trashed long ago. So the only tools I have available to work with these programs are a Text Editor and Vericut. In that type of environment, your Caps Lock tends to get used a fair amount.

At the last place I worked, our Posts were dialed in, so I never modified a single character outside my CAM system.

Different strokes, and all that...