Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewsheets. Why you no click it?

jlw™

Viewsheets. Why you not click it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. I have recently received files from several guys I consider to be jam up programmers. Not a single Viewsheet in them. From none of them. I'm not talking quick, one off 3 axis parts. I'm talking multiple setups across multiple machines 5 axis parts. So, do you use Viewsheets?

• Yes
    • No
    • What the heck is a Viewsheet?
    • I'm wierd and don't even have a system for level naming

57 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Agreed, but I think more training should be focused in this arena.  There are doc's out there, they are a good start, but some videos, and or instructor lead online content would be nice. 

Amen to that, seems to me I remember you being quite successful with your last request to CNC for the Code Expert upgrade.

Care to take another shot Husker.....?!

1 hour ago, nickbe10 said:

Care to take another shot Husker.....?!

I would gladly if I had help coming up with a reason for them to want to do it....  The code expert deal was lucky because that would benefit their post developers.  That said, we still haven't seen it in the product yet, so who knows if it will gain traction.

If we can get a big enough following on getting better setup sheet product training, then we are in good shape.

I think view sheets could be a great stepping stone into some standardized reporting methods, as Mick has previously mentioned he has been implementing them into.

50 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

If we can get a big enough following on getting better setup sheet product training, then we are in good shape.

And maybe some good Active X training docs / vids too. There is so much potential in the system, but pulling it all together (especially for us late boomers who only got to use DOS in school / college) can be tough.....

Just show me where to sign the petition......