Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kennametal Tools

At my previous adventure we were 95% Kennametal.  You can pretty much get anything done with their products.  For steel, Dodeka is a very economical and capable face milling platform.  Kentip drills are very capable and ecomonical as well.  I could normally get mimimum 20-25 tips on a body before it could stand to be replaced.  I was running very aggressively as well, well above book values.

What type of work are you doing?

19 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Which models? I don't want to buy $hit stuff!

I might also get some stuff for our existing lathe.

Every single one we tried.

19 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

Use the Stellram feedmills, had great luck with them......

We did try the stellram feedmills.  They were ok at best.  They just couldn't compete with the Ingersoll and Iscar.  We use both, depending on material.

The Ingersoll... 3.8in woc, 0.05in doc, 128ipm.  That's 23 cubes.  In Finkl FX1 and FX2.  For 3 hours on one edge.

26 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

The Ingersoll

Interesting, I have had the Ingersoll rep trying to get me to try them, I'll have to give them a bash. Don't use them much here but I had excellent results with Stellram in Ti and their X500 grade.Having said that, I have noticed this with Stellram insert mills too. Unsurpassed in Ti and Superduplex but not as good or same as Ingersoll in "free cutting" materials like 15-5 or half hard 4000 series......

Their voucher program is pretty nice. We don't use a ton of their inserted milling cutters, but you can load up on boring bars, turning holders, inserts ect. It doesn't have to go on the machine that the voucher is good against. Hell we bought a laser & they gave us a tooling voucher for that

Their selection of solid carbide drills is among the best.