Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The three steps of journey level machining

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2017 at 2:28 PM, YoDoug® said:

I am in the loving TopSolid camp, but with that being said I will acknowledge that it is more laborious for simple stuff. If I only had to deal with single turret/single spindle lathes I would not like it. However, for complex twin/triple turret machines and five axis mills I love it. Although I can model all of BMT blocks for a simple Y axis lathe and accurately simulate multiple tools mounted in one turret station. As far as getting good code, I have never been afraid to edit when needed but I will admit the posts are like 90% there. I am hoping to take the post class with Jay sometime next year. For the things that do not post as it should, I make a lot of macros to handle repetitive things like spindle transfers, etc. As for Okuma machine def's, I make most of my own my self so they only update when I update them. I also use TopSolid for all of my modelling needs. I like having it all in one. 

Hows their post??? For say Okuma Multus??? Any hand edits needed?

On 10/26/2017 at 6:14 PM, Leon82 said:

Anyone ever hear the sound of a robomate rev up to 10000 rpm and plunging into a Herman schmidt tool make vise at 50% rapid?

No, but the place I used to work the guy on the Electrode Cutting MAKINO revved up the RENISHAW touch probe to god knows what RPM and then proceeded to (100% RAPID) Z-dive it into the LASER TOOL SETTER !

That was an interesting sound.... of money being spent.

21 hours ago, bushpiolt said:

Hows their post??? For say Okuma Multus??? Any hand edits needed?

The Multus post is still being tweaked. It is close though. Honestly though, I have Mastercam MT, Esprit, and TopSolid on my PC. None of them can post 100% for the Multus U series. I have cases for all that still require hand editing, even with the "certified posts". 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, YoDoug® said:

The Multus post is still being tweaked. It is close though. Honestly though, I have Mastercam MT, Esprit, and TopSolid on my PC. None of them can post 100% for the Multus U series. I have cases for all that still require hand editing, even with the "certified posts". 

Guys, my name is Chris Kozell and I work for CNC Software(Mastercam). I work out of the Partners In Thinc in Charlotte NC with Okuma America. The Multus U post in the Mastercam MT should work great with no post edits unless you are trying to do something wonky. I use that machine environment alot and have received awesome feedback from end users that the post functions very good. If you are having to make edits please, please contact your reseller and have them check to make sure you are running the latest version. If not, dont hesitate to contact me. Thanks for your support! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chris Kozell said:

Guys, my name is Chris Kozell and I work for CNC Software(Mastercam). I work out of the Partners In Thinc in Charlotte NC with Okuma America. The Multus U post in the Mastercam MT should work great with no post edits unless you are trying to do something wonky. I use that machine environment alot and have received awesome feedback from end users that the post functions very good. If you are having to make edits please, please contact your reseller and have them check to make sure you are running the latest version. If not, dont hesitate to contact me. Thanks for your support! 

Please don't take my comments as criticism but we are a machine tool distributor that gets our licenses and support directly from CNC software. We have requested updated posts and tried to help get changes implemented. We have not had very good response to our requests.