Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What should we do to the old licence?

Nitesh

I was searching for the old copy of mastercam and come across one thing, I mean mastercam only provide support upto 5 generation and if you doesn't upgrade or renew to new version than after 5 generation you have to purchase new licence copy to get benefit of current version. Means X6 user can not directly upgrade to 2018.........., so what i am thinking what if person purchase the 2018 version and other person wants the old version lets say the x6 because he like the old interface and only do 2D stuff. So what is the suggestion you can give to the other guy?

A "new" license of Mastercam will always support "backwards" compatibility with the Hasp. In other words, if you are licensed for 2018, you can still run Mastercam X2, for example.

I routinely open files in X2, X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, and Mastercam X9.

So the License to use the software will still work to launch old versions of the software.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we all have different opinions on what he is asking for some reason lol,

I think what he was asking is; if a shop purchases a new mastercam license if they can run an older version of Mastercam as well? The answer to that question is Yes you can. With a Mastercam license that is up to date or current on Maintenance you can run any older version that you would like, X2,x3,x4,x5.... 

• Like 1