Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Workstation...

White Feather

I need to order my new graphics cards today...

I'm looking at the Nvidia quadro.... M2000, M4000, P4000, and the K4000....

I've been running the M4000 in my old workstation and it seems to do OK, I have another workstation with 2 M2000 cards and it seems to do better than the single M4000.

Any opinions? I'm specifically running Mastercam, Catia and solidworks mainly, and usually driving 4 monitors. This Is in a dell 7600 w dual E5-2687w processors fwiw.

Thanks

5 hours ago, White Feather said:

I need to order my new graphics cards today...

I'm looking at the Nvidia quadro.... M2000, M4000, P4000, and the K4000....

I've been running the M4000 in my old workstation and it seems to do OK, I have another workstation with 2 M2000 cards and it seems to do better than the single M4000.

Any opinions? I'm specifically running Mastercam, Catia and solidworks mainly, and usually driving 4 monitors. This Is in a dell 7600 w dual E5-2687w processors fwiw.

Thanks

Do Mastercam, Catia and Solidworks take advantage of the SLI cards? I don't think Mastercam does.

23 minutes ago, navsENG said:

Hate to divert the topic, but what about laptops? Whats a decent one for Mastercam / Solidworks

The Dell Precision line... with Quadro video cards ... and an i7 or i9 processor

HP and Leveno also sell workstation grade laptops, though I'm not familiar with their product lines

You can often get really good deals from the Dell Outlet Store, the Office Store, not the Home Store

If you want to go cheap, look for a good gaming laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce video card

You'll want at least a 256g solid state hard drive too

• Like 1
On 2/26/2018 at 2:24 PM, gcode said:

The Dell Precision line... with Quadro video cards ... and an i7 or i9 processor

HP and Leveno also sell workstation grade laptops, though I'm not familiar with their product lines

You can often get really good deals from the Dell Outlet Store, the Office Store, not the Home Store

If you want to go cheap, look for a good gaming laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce video card

You'll want at least a 256g solid state hard drive too

Cool Ill check those out.. I was looking at the p51/p71 series Lenovo. Look like a pretty sweet rig, was thinking of a 512ssd... 

I'll compare them to the Dell and see how they stack up. 

Sager used to have really good workstation laptops,but it appears that they only make gaming laptops now. 

No option for a Quadro. :o

MSI makes REALLY good laptops, here are some of their workstations.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154612

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154792

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154547