Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool library tool dia. and length offset

Mark Reuszer

Hello,  We've just upgraded to X4 and I've been creating some tool libraries. The problem I'm running into is that when I bring a tool in it will number the tool number sequentially but the length and diameter offsets don't get updated.

Say I pull tool 3 from my ball endmill library I want to use as tool 1, it comes in as tool one as long as it's the first one I import but the length and diameter offsets still read tool 3.

Thanks for any help 

Mark

If you always, 100% of the time, have your T# match your H# and D#, then here is a simple 2 minute fix.

Open your Post in a Text Editor, and go near the top of the Post (where you see the variables start).

Type the following, starting in the 1st column. (MUST start in the 1st column.)

tlngno$ = t$

tloffno$ = t$

Using these "Global Formulas" at the top of your Post will ensure that you never have to worry about what is typed into the Toolpath Dialog Box. The Post will simply force the D and H values to always match the Tool Number.

Go to Machine Group Properties/Tool Settings and checkmark "assign tool numbers sequentially". That would update the tool # and Length Offset and Diameter Offset automatically. Or just change the Length and Diameter Offset in toolpath parameters manually to correspond to the tool #.

(I kind of miss V9. Brings back memories)

Everything's working I just need some help figuring out how to keep the "assign tool numbers sequentially" check box to stay ticked. Mastercam remembers all the other boxes I check on that page, but every time I start a new file I have to check that box again.

Thanks for the help

Mark

Capture.JPG