Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trouble w/ Control Comp+High Feed+Haas

motor-vater

So they have beat me down. The operators in my shop have proven to me they are not capable/willing to accept Wear. So I have caved and am programming in Control. Strange thing today. Contour in "Control" Alarming out on the Haas. I know about the lead in and lead out, adjusted accordingly and it will take the code, but the second I take the same tool path and run it through the High feed it goes Back to alarming out.  I tried up to 120% on both radius and entry length with perpendicular. And the control has no problems, run it through High feed and game over. Anyone else ever run into this? Oh the things I will put myself through to get a cleaner corner. If this doesnt work I'm just gonna have to order a smaller tool and let it roll the corner.

3 hours ago, motor-vater said:

The operators in my shop have proven to me they are not capable/willing to accept Wear

It's impossible to help people.......who know everything there is to know already.....by definition.

But on to the problem:

As far as I know cutter comp is unavailable in HF toolpaths as they are considered "roughing" toolpaths. As such they essentially run as "computer" comp by default. Perhaps I am missing exactly what you are doing.....are you editing in a "comp" line of code? When you say:

3 hours ago, motor-vater said:

but the second I take the same tool path and run it through the High feed it goes Back to alarming out.

What exactly are you doing?

Sometimes Cutter Comp (especially Control Comp)  just doesn't work....for no immediately apparent reason. That's one of the reasons a lot of people run "wear", it is less susceptible to unexpected alarms. I think this is because it is less likely to encounter "rounding errors" in the processing.

The only place I have ever worked where we had ZERO issues with CC was a shop where we didn't use it at all. We made adjustments to the tool diameter and reposted. This was in an aerospace "spares" shop where a large order was 6 parts and usually 1 part. This would be difficult/impossible in a full production shop with larger run quantities

this button, Note this is not the file I am talking about just something entirely different that I'm working on, took a screen shot just to show the high feed button. So please do not assume I am trying this with a ramp cut or helix. The Alarm is happening on a standard exterior contour, with control comp on and only after using the high feed

highfeed.png

4 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

this button, Note this is not the file I am talking about just something entirely different that I'm working on, took a screen shot just to show the high feed button. So please do not assume I am trying this with a ramp cut or helix. The Alarm is happening on a standard exterior contour, with control comp on and only after using the high feed

highfeed.png

welcome in the club house !!!!!I start in new place on the hedenhain control,even worse !!!!!!On helix oper I has to run computer ,and for finish contour switch on control.The same when I use control ramping ......

The "High Feed" function, by design, breaks up the moves of your path into smaller increments, each with their own Feedrate. Could the HF function be "breaking" up your lead in/out motion, and thereby, not giving you a "proper" lead in/out distance?

Make sure you are using "60%" Radius and Length on your Lead in/out moves. Not only do you need a "51% or greater" Line motion, you also need to be sure that the "Arc" entry you are swinging is also greater than "51%" of the cutter diameter.

• Like 1

Try changing to perpendicular entry temporarily. If the problem goes away then that would indicate a problem with the Arc.

The endpoints  in an arc are calculated using trig/diff functions which may be prone to rounding errors. The control and or programming system may see this as an error due to the resultant mismatch of the line/arc either side endpoint which might be a hard position number. (Add on to this the fact that the Haas in position sensors are not the highest quality for extra fun once you get to the machine).

If getting rid of the arc fixes the problem:

Making the arc bigger might actually be making the problem worse.

Do you really need the arc entry?