Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SURFACE TRIM

mirek1017

Good morning all mastercam mentors !!!

I have same sample of spiral  surface ,I want to split them for 2 half .When i try  use  curve flowline for this surface is not what I looking for .Then i try make curves on existing  surface and make new on and ...... yes I have problem what function I can use .Loft not work .

Can same body teach me something new today ??

thanks 

Those surfaces were trimmed from something else that has a different U V and that is what Flowline is going to follow if you use Flowline. You best bet will be to remake the surface and work from there.

That said what are you trying to accomplish with this exercise? Maybe if you give some more details about the why and what you are trying to do then maybe someone has some suggestions for that. I have to assume you are trying to do this for some machining purposes and if that is the case please explain that and I think someone can point you in the right direction.

sorry .I have one  auger for machining on indexer .I want to use only finish toolpath .On this file I can mark floor for machining separately and 2 wings separately .But I want to remake the floor for split 2 half and machining the parts with half floor and machine side wing  and   half floor  and operator side wing .

28 minutes ago, master80 said:

No sir a file with some toolpaths. Sorry I am not toolpathing your part for free. I am glad to offer suggestions for you to try, but there are to many irregular features on that part to think one toolpath is going to cut that whole root in one operation. A majority of the root floor yes I can make one toolpath do that, but all the walls and Radius and everything one Toolpath not going to happen, I am sorry I need to see some sweat equity in a Mastercam file with toolpaths. Your step file means program for you and that is how I make a living so want to hire me to program that part I will get your a quote right now 4-6 weeks lead time. Someone wants to program the step file for you then more power to them.

• Like 3