Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

live 5 programs

TERRYH

I am doing a seal groove using Live 5 programming for the corners and  couple other spots that need it I am using the curve 5 axis programs where I create the lines and curves for the tool to follow. I am getting these 2 messages when posting the programs and not sure whats causing them or how to correct it. I think this may have been brought up a long time ago bit I cannot find the old post if it was. We are currently still using X9 if that helps, but will be moving up to 2019 in the very near future.

11.PNG

12.PNG

It is hitting a travel limit on a rotary axis and needs to spin it around to continue.   I try to find a way to fix it if possible but I think I've run one a couple of times with that warning.  It is likely going to spin the rotary at max speed when it gets to that point.  Depending on the machine it might be ok.  My machine has the TCP option and I don't think I would want to try it on a machine without it.

I had this problem with my JOBS Every7 gantry mill

In my  Postability post it is controlled by this variable

maxincrot      : 179     #Maximum incremental rotary motion before unwind or solution flip

In my case it was set at 89° and yielded extremely dangerous unwind motion during some  5X swarf cuts

After consulting with Postability, I changed it to 179° and that fixed the problem

The issue is the rotary table is rotating in a single motion by a value that exceeds a limit set in the post.  So you can change the value in the post to a larger value or create more toolpath points so the rotary doesn't rotate in one motion beyond the amount specified in the post .  To do this in the curve toolpath you would enable distance and specify a smaller value.  This should create a toolpath point at that the value you input along the curve you've selected.