Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Science Of Mastercam

CNCme

Good Day,

Does Anyone, after completing a program (complete thru NC code ), go back and grind

and hack through rough or not perfect areas

To improve or find better methods?

I understand, in this competitive world we

have created for ourselves, that it is not

possible to spend time, that is so-called

"non-productive", to "play" or research

the many combinations of a particular module.

Some of the programs I write are just fragments

of other programs and become passages and stepping stones to seeking greater Knowledge in MasterCam.

Contracting for 20 to 30 manufacturing facilities

I have found a wealth of unlimited information

to fuel my imagination, AND, also to fuel all the great minds that I encounter here, on this forum, every day.

The Science Of Mastercam, as I call it, is not

so much about THE money anymore...

Even though we still need to make money to live,

Its about helping "US" "YOU" "ME" to help

us ALL Understand.

I am humbled to be a part of IT all.

Tony G.

Almost Employed Senior Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

And coolant and chips are like the enemy

Under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle

Well people may call me a liar but if I could supply my family with the things I do now and I would do it for free. I really like what I do and enjoy it when I do the crazy, off the wall neat things that I do. Life can be many things to many people but to me it really boils down to repect with that I am very happy and the money is just the bonus. Gald you see it that way and hope you become the permant employed very soon.

[ 03-11-2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I do something of that nature.

Where I work, the life of a part goes like this;

Designers smoke dope, get idea for a seat, they "model" the seat (with no guts), Engineers take the "model" build some of the components inside. We get these mock up parts as Sketches. Once a customer has seen the mockup and make their changes, engineering makes changes as well ans build everthing for the inside, the legs, spreaders, etc... We then get real part numbers and make them to Rev. NC. The parts may resemble the mock up, usually not so we're doing them again. They build the seat, and test it. When it fails test, "engineers" go back and make changes to try to get it to pass test. So, usually things go to a Rev. C at least. By the time the seat passes test we've done a part a few times. The program is not perfect but it's usually pretty good by now. Then if/when i tenters production, we may tweek some more, make better fixtures, maybe not. Depends on time, usually not.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...james,

why do the designers smoke dope first...

So they can "visualize" stuff. biggrin.gif

quote:

...James,

Sounds like you know high people in low places...

Yep. Around here there is absolutely no doubt that the lunatics are running the asylum. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 03-12-2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

CNCme, you raise a good point. One of the original developers of Mastercam was a graduate of MIT; argueably the finest engineering institute in the world. I think that's one of the reasons why Mastercam is so logical and has such deep-down integrity.

Mastercam has grown and developed so much over the years. We could only dream and drool ten years ago about things we take for granted now.

The fact is Mastercam has become it's own class of technology. Given it's widespread use around the world and what people use it for, a pretty significant technology at that. Mastering (no pun intended) this technology is interesting and rewarding. Good job: Keep learning. Wait till you see what's next. wink.gif

If it was up to designers, we'd all be driving cars with square "wheels" and doors that opened like flower petals (hinged at the bottom). Granted it takes some ingenuity to design a two-wheeled, powered vehicle made for people with perfectly good legs. rolleyes.gif

+1 to Millman's response.

James, I feel for you. Some of the engineers ideas are like WTF.

I trully enjoy doing this because I learn something new everyday and sometimes I can't even believe how much I actually enjoy what I do. And with this forum, it only gets better with you fine people.

JMHO

Joey

With Mastercam and an imagination almost anything is possible.