Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Jersey

Keith M

Can anyone tell me the cost of live in new jersey? Is it higher or lower the average? I am talking to a company from there and they want to make me a offer and I was just wondering what I should expect. I have looked it up on msn and it said that the cost of living is about the same as where I am from. Anyone that info I would like some input .

Thank You

Well do a home search and see how much the home you have cost. I would also get something in writting before going anywhere. Would suck you get all the way up there and they put you on a machine you have never run or is different than the ones you have and they want you to be an expert in 1 week or something. I would also make sure that you are not going to have a bad commute also to live in a house you can afford. I am having to live almost 40 miles from my work to afford a house.

Oh yeah go to yahoo and do an apartment search and a home search for the spefic area where the employer is.

Good Luck with the Job and hope it all works out for you.

quote:

were in new jersey ..south ???thats were im from cost of living is ok..north ???forget it very pricy$$$$$ so were are we talking about north and south are two differnt worlds here in NJ...

BINGO! However. There are ranges everywhere.

I live right in the center of NJ. I have a house that I can afford with a relativly low tax rate. But an outstanding school system. Then of course the new houses being built down the block are starting at $850,000.00. Yikes!

Where in New Jersey are you looking to locate?

-Keith

Like others said, where in NJ... Anyway housing cost are going up in my area (west central NJ). For example my house has more than doubled in price since I bought it 10 years ago. (And so have the taxes eek.gif ) Keith I know what you are talking about, I havent seen a new house built for under $500,000. All the new developments are building McMansions $750,000 and up.

Hey one other thing can you handle the and not talking about the guys on the forum but been up north and saying mam and sir gets you soem strange looks and excuse me might get your lights punched out. If you live in a small town and know alot of people might not make frineds that easy. If you have what they liek to call southern draw to your voice will be even harder. I know you are educated but I have seen it time and tiem again where some people look down on people from the southern states. Guys I am not tryign to start a falme war here but some southern people dont like nothern people. I think it bullcrap but it is the world we live in. Keep those social behavoirs in mind also. If you can go up there and not feel like a fish out of water than good but I can see you having to always prove yourself because of where you are from and not what you can do.

Prime example if I get the sales guys calling me redneck one more time becuase I am from Florida I am stopping all their work in the shop and yes they do this in front of customers.

i here you mark and keith my house was 145,000 $$in 1998 now appraised for 280,000$$ down the street new houses going for 500,000 and up ..WOW.. this is a great school system here.. my property taxes are 5000$$ and down the street 12,000 and up OUCH but then again im living in a 3 bed 1 1/2 bath on 1 acre of ground and they got the big boys with 2+ acres but still big money $$$ just in taxes oh yea gas at the wa wa is 1.57.. 1.65.. 1.77 and case of decent beer 18.00$$$

Gas is 2.09 a gal today.

Property taxes are at 1.25%

The DMV fees for my Toyoto 2001 Minivan was 190.00

My insurance for only that car is 1100.00.

That is the price to live in sunny California

crazy i belive the land of 9 axis is more in the centrel nj area ..keith thats near were im at im ruffly 40 miles outside of a.c and i work with guys that live 10 miles outside of ac ..if you want email me and ill give you some heads up with some more info [email protected] mastercam info in the subject area of email im real carful about opening anything im not sure of .. good luck