Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems with X8

Tim Pruett

So far I really just have 2 issues,

1. After I have session open for an hour or two, my curser starts staying set at whatever the last command was. ex. zoom, pan. I have to restart mastercam to fix it for another hour or two.

2. Sometimes if I'm projecting geometry to a plane some of it doesn't project to the same z depth as the rest. It will be off by .0005 or .0006 and not be entirely flat. It's off by .0002 or so.

Thanks, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I also have that issue  with the cursor staying with whatever the last op or tool i used and most of the time it just hangs until i open another program or a new one just to get rid of the hanging cursor !  the escape key should cancell this but it does not.  Maybe a stop all functions icon to kill any hanging op's would be a good thing to have !!!

• Like 1

I am having an issue with the chain selection. In X7, when using the chain selection, I always use right click to LOCK the selection, now in X8 the chain selection isn't working properly. Now when I use the right click to LOCK it, it only holds for two uses, then i have to lock it again.

anyone else see this issue?

thanks

1. After I have session open for an hour or two, my curser starts staying set at whatever the last command was. ex. zoom, pan. I have to restart mastercam to fix it for another hour or two.

So the only fix for this problem is to shut Mastercam down and restart it.  What a PITA.