Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need Haas post

chris m

advice or examples of code from those of you running Haas VMCs with side-mount toolchangers and/or a gearbox. We just bought a VF2 with the 24-tool side-mount and the gearbox and I'd like to see what you all are running for code so I can start dialing MPHAAS to spit out nice, clean programs.

I did some small mods to the MPHAAS post for my friend who has a VF2SS but he is not very particular about format, just a 'make it run' kind of guy which is not my style so I'm looking for some program examples I can mess around with.

We are going to be doing 3ax work only and I'm not really looking to build a full-out custom wildman post for this machine, just something nice and clean to make it run logically.

Thanks

C

quote:

I'm not really looking to build a full-out custom wildman post for this machine,

Sorry, I can't help you then. You see, my HAAS posts are tweaked beyond recognition, and they do everything for me except change coolant.

FWIW, I'd start with MPMaster instead of MPHaas. Lemme know if you want mine, or just some code from it.

Matt

You'll want to edit the PST file and the TXT file for this one:

In Postname.TXT file:

code:

[misc1]

1. "G83 Deep Hole (I, J & K)"

2. "Feed rate"

3. "Dwell"

4. "Initial..."

5. "Retract..."

6. "Depth..."

7. ""

8. "Initial Peck (I)"

9. "Reduce Amount (J)"

10. "Final Peck (K)"

11. "R Plane G98=0 G99=1"

[drill cycle descriptions]

7. "G83 - Deep Hole (I, J & K)"

In Postname.PST file:

code:

pmisc1          #Deep Hole Cycle using I, J & K

pdrlcommonb

if peck2 > 0 & retr < peck2, #Test for valid values

[

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pcout,

prdrlout, *peck2, *peckclr, *retr, dwell, *feed, strcantext, e

]

else, # invalid values were entered, default to Q.05

[

"(INVALID PARAMETERS ENTERED FOR DEEP HOLE DRILL!)", e

"(DRILL CYCLE REPLACED WITH STANDARD G83 USING Q0.05)", e

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pcout,

prdrlout, "Q0.05", dwell, *feed, strcantext, e

]

pcom_movea

After you make these changes, re-load your post and you should see the differnt drill cycle in your drilling ops dialog.

(BTW, You might want to change #11 in the TXT file for [misc1] to what ever you're using, as I have changed mine to give me better control over the G98/G99's.)

'Rekd

Chris I can also give you an example of what I got so far with the mi6 and no comments in the post. Rekd asl has a corner Rounding thing I added to my post as well as I have added Manunal indexing to my post also for a 4th axis even though you said only do 3 axis work. I also am using a modified MPMASTER post for our Haas machines. The other big things is I use G154 PXX for our fixture offset so when you put 1 in the workoffsets you get 1=G154 P1, 2=G154 P2, etc. I have also put this at the end of our post sicne we have expaned workoffsets. G90 G154 P99 X0 Y0 and have the bring out postion the front and center of travel for changing out parts. I started to put in all the canned cycles just dont use them much so have not finished them up yet.

Funny, Matt, I was thinking somewhere along those lines

Why would you use MPMASTER instead of HPHAAS? The MPHAAS I tweaked for my buddy works OK with just the 4ax shut off and the stage tools turned on except I moved the next tool call down a line because the machine was kicking out an alarm with the 'T' word output where MPHAAS puts it but the code is a little messy.

Ron, we have the expanded WOFS in the machine we bought; does the stock post handle that OK?

Thanks for the input

C

Chris,

No it looks like it still works off of the G110 to G129 workoffsets. The thing is that G110 is the same as G154 P1. The pwcs of MPHAAS looks like this:

code:

pwcs            #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if mi1 > one,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sub_level, force_wcs = zero

if workofs <> prv_workofs | (force_wcs & toolchng),

[

if workofs < 6,

[

g_wcs = workofs + 54

]

else,

[

g_wcs = workofs + 104

]

if workofs >= 0 & workofs <= 25, *g_wcs

else, "ERROR - Invalid Work Coordinate System", e

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs

]

Where as our MPMASTER_HAAS looks like this for pwcs to support G54 to G59 and G154 P1 to G154 P99:

code:

pwcs            #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if wcstype = two | wcstype > three,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sav_mi9 = 1, workofs = sav_workofs

if workofs < 0, workofs = 0

[

if workofs < 6,

[

g_wcs = workofs + 54

*g_wcs

]

else,

[

p_wcs = workofs - five

"G154", *p_wcs

]

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs

]

The Post MPMASTER_HAASP I use all the time has a pwcs like this:

code:

pwcs            #G154+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if wcstype = two | wcstype > three,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sav_mi9 = 1, workofs = sav_workofs

if workofs < 0, workofs = 0

[

p_wcs = workofs

if p_wcs = 0, # This Will Output P1 is Work offset is 0

[

p_wcs = 1

]

"G154", *p_wcs

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs

]

It really boils down to your preference. We dont use the canned cycles that much here so I have not spent any time making them perfect where as I did change our drilling cycles for working better and not giving us clearence issues when doing transform or incremental drilling, tapping or other cycles and it fully supports multi R planes also.

Rekd I sent you an e-mail, and no Ive been here a while and know who contributes and newbees asking for a free post. Chris is always happy to give advice. I was going to put some code from our Haas post in but I had to leave in a hurry and by the time I got back everyone had already helped.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I always start with MPMaster cuz att the stuff I want and more is dialed in to the hilt. Usually a few tweeks here and there and it's good to go.

Thanks in a BIG way Dave.

Ron I got your email, thanks

I'm sure I'll be doing some more brain picking when I actually get the machine

Any of you guys have the TLO probe in your machines? How does it work for you?

Been awhile since I had a machine that was totally new to me...COOL!

C