Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

pccomp Problems

I have a problem with the compensation in my nc file.

I am changing a mpmaster wire for a ONA machine, but I need the compensation be in a special way in my nc file

TECH THICK 70. CRIT 9
COMP RIGHT
COMP 0
INTL Y16.5
INTL X-25.522
INTL X-26.365 Y12.164
INTC+ X-25.776 Y11.45 CX.589 CY-.114
INTL X-15.288
INTC+ X-14.699 Y12.165 CX0. CY.6
INTL X-15.542 Y16.5
INTL X-20.532
INTL Y16.85
COMP OFF

but I only got this:

TECH THICK 70. CRIT 9
COMP 0
COMP RIGHT INTL Y16.5
INTL X-25.522
INTL X-26.365 Y12.164
INTC+ X-25.776 Y11.45 CX.589 CY-.114
INTL X-15.288
INTC+ X-14.699 Y12.165 CX0. CY.6
INTL X-15.542 Y16.5
INTL X-20.532
COMP OFF INTL Y16.85

I am really lost. I need in the first move of the contour de comp before of move, and in the last move of the contour. the comp after.

I hope be clear with my question, my English is very bad.

Thanks for your help

24 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Given the fact that you have altered the post, nobody will be able to help you unless you post a copy of the altered post....

At a minimum, I'd need to see a copy of the Mastercam Part File, MD, CD, and Post files, in order to help. If you attach a Zip 2 Go file to this thread, I'll be happy to take a look tonight when I get home from work.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eltklas said:

Thanks to all, I am converting in every version of Mcam

You will be just as well doing a zip2go with the working X9 file. In fact that might be easier in that there is no reason a properly editted post should not update. Do you get error messages when you use the X9 post, even though it completes the posting process?

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, eltklas said:

I have a post modified for me for the X9 that works well, but if I convert it for 2020 doesnt work. 

do you have any solution for convert the older post to 2020 version?

Thanks

Are you using the chook to convert the post or migrating it with the wizard?

Thanks for your help.

These are the post, control and machine working well in 2017 version. But if I try to convert to 2018, 2019 or 2020 It don't work. There are problems migrating with chook or wizard, all look well but when I select the pst in the control appears a msg of error.

Can someone convert to a newer version that 2017?.  It is a wire pst.

I know the resellers earn money with the posts, but if I could find any book about how post works I will buy it.

Thanks

ONA.zip

That is 20 year old post there is your reason why it will not update. Reach out to your dealer and get a 2017 or 2018 version of this post and call it a day. That should be able to be updated to 2020.

# Executable          : MPWIRE v9.19
#
# WARNING: THIS POST IS GENERIC AND IS INTENDED FOR MODIFICATION TO
# THE MACHINE TOOL REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL PREFERENCE.
#
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Revision log:
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Programmers Note:
# CNC 01/12/01  - Initial post setup V8.1

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I know it is an older PST file. But I don't understand If it works well in V2017 what's the reason it doesn't work more. I am trying to change the generic wire PST V2027 but with the same changes in the code doesn't works like older.

Thanks for help. I will tell you if I find a solution.

37 minutes ago, JParis said:

Posts have a shelf life..between variables & parameters changing as the software evolves, a post can reach the point it's no longer viable, or requires so much work as to render it pointless.

That is what you have to understand

Thank you for explaining that. 

If it like asking why can't we keep using Windows 3.1 for everything? Windows 95 or Windows 98? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, eltklas said:

I will keep trying to turn the new generic Wire PST to my old PST. I'll try to expose the problems more specifically to see if you can help me to solve they. 

Thanks to all for your help

That is what I like to hear willingness. Post up your questions and trust me people will be willing to help. Have a good weekend. 

• Thanks 1

I have read in other MILL POSTS that you can change the position of G41 / G42 and G40. 

That's what I want to do. I want the G41 / G42 to appear before any contour movement and on its own line, and fthe G40 to appear after the last contour movement and on its own line as well.

But, here's my question I'm using the Generic PST MPWFANUC V2020, but I can't find PCCDIA and PREV_CC_POS,  these are the variables used in their changes. 

Is there any way to do the same in WIRE PST?. Thank you

Nobody will be able to help you unless you attach a Zip 2 Go file to this thread. Use the 'paperclip' icon or the 'choose files...' button. Make sure you include the 'toolpaths' checkbox when you generate the sample file.

Currently, if feels like you are trying the describe the contents of a dark room to us. Attaching a Z2G file is like switching on the light to go with your explanations. (Its a lot easier to see when we can look at your sample Toolpath, to go along with the output from your PST file.

Help us, help you...

• Thanks 1