Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Resellers

Barghest

Just thought id pass this along maybe one of the resellers here would like to check into this.

I use another forum also for general machine information, where a member there ask opinions of cam software. I suggested MC.

This was a reply:

I can't get our retailer to contact me on MasterCam, so I can't believe that there support would be much better. I have been trying to contact them for over three months and gave up on them. If they wanted to sell there product, they would of been in touch with me by now.

Now back to me, I'm very satisfied so far with my reseller and havent had any problems. My post was sent when requested and any problems ive run into they have also answered them and in a timely manner. And this forum is very useful in finding answers to things when I need information also.

He should take his issue to CNC Software. In our forum guidelines:

11. Issues with your reseller should be resolved directly with your reseller and/or CNC Software. Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.

I guess that could apply to any Mastercam user and not just our forum members. But all Mastercam users should also be members of this forum anyway wink.gif

I have been to other forums and visited, but have not found it worth my time to hang out there. There are alot of software sales guys on the other forums under different names.

It does happen sometimes that a reseller may not call someone back. (Not that I've ever wrote something down on a reciept and lost it. rolleyes.gif ) It can get hectic also. The phone may not ring for hours, then 10 calls come in within 5 minutes.

One thing resellers can do. ALways get a phone number. Make sure that whoever your talking to has your info. And last but not least call Katie and tell her who you were talking to and what they needed.

I always tell my customers that if they are waiting for something from me and dont have it then call, email, fax or send some smoke signals.

I had a situation where a guy called and was interested in the software according to the message he left, but did'nt leave a name or number. headscratch.gif

Do you know what area he's in? I find it hard to believe that a dealer would not contact him. Unless he's the kind of guy who has asked for an updated quote every month for the past 10 years and has never bought anything. Even so I'd call him back biggrin.gif .

Sooner or later he has to buy somethin. Or go out of business.

Watch! now that I've opened my big mouth, I'll find out this guys in Milwaukee bonk.gif .

Mike Mattera

I Cant believe he never got called back. Im in west MI and have never had a problem at all. axsys has always helped and usually when I call our reseller (not sure if i can post his name) he always calls back in about :30 or less or he will just stop by. I have been dealing with him for about 7 years and have never been let down.

I question the validity of the complaint. There are always two sides to every story. Who knows maybe the guy on that forum is a whack job cuckoo.gif You hate to see anyone not get a response whether its a support issue or a sales issue. But, something seems a little bit strange..... headscratch.gif

Anyway I don't know if I am even worthy of commenting on this subject givin the few posts I have written wink.gif

Tim

Tim

We know that it is you working behind the scenes that allows Roger the time to come up here and hangout. biggrin.gif

Its not the number of posts you have here. The senior members will tell you that, its attitude.

I am with you, I think there is another side to the story. Axys is one of the most responsive resellers out there, as well as one of the larger ones. I have had people tell me that they couldn't get ahold of me. BUT no voise mail,email,letter, fax .. nothing. So how do I know.

I've been telling my customers to use the forum.

That way I'll see it. Also If I'm on sight, the forum will help them till I get near a pc.