Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

march update

DavidB

Hi all,

Just wondering about the March update.

Yes I am on Mantinance.

Has anyone used it?Any problems?

I downloaded it this morning but I want to check before i use it.

It says you will recieve a disc from your reseller?

Is this an option rather than downloading it?

The new high speed looping looks nice in the documentation.

cheers.gif Thx in advance

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did have a problem. After the install was complete, I lost my network drives headscratch.gif I dont see the Public drive, or the 2 drives that our Jobboss data is in. I still have an H drive which is a user specific space on the server, but all the "shared" drives are gone.

I emailed my reseller, QC, and talked to a very stumped tech person at CNC. I apperently am the only one so far that this has happened to.

So here I sit, I cant save any of my programs into the DNC folders because I dont have the path to the P: drive.

The software looked great, till I went to save something.

Anyone else having this problem?

Installed yesterday, several errors came up about not being able to find a place for some of the dll files. mp.dll , mpwire.dll. Now when I bring up MC it gives me the message that maint has expired. I can't save NCI files , something to do with a mcu file. One of our admins did the install so I am unsure of what all went wrong.

Creating toolpaths is working, but I can not post out due to a missing mcutops.dll file.

Looks like a full reinstall is in order

Ken

Looks like i will put off the update.I cant afford any probs.My MC runs well as is I just liked the look of the new high speed looping moves.

PETE.

Can you tell me should the resellers in Australia have the update disc from CNC yet??????

cheers.gif

No problems so far with the update. ran a test this morning. before update 49 min process time on surface finish contour, after update 11 min.

Now my guys are upset cause i told them they don't need new computers ! Hope this speed change will apply to all toolpaths in VX cheers.gif to you guys at CNC

Paul: Glad you got your drive thing fixed. You sure had me stumped.

MoldMaker: I had the same problem. Your MP.dll's are set for read only and the install could not over write them. Righ Click on it in explorer, select Properties and Uncheck Read-Only. You could do the entire Mcam9 folder the same way.

For those of you who have not installed MR0304 yet, I would make one suggestion: Make a backup of your Defaults.DF9 (LDafaults.df9 for lathe and Wdefaults for wire). This is the only file that was overwritten in my system. This is in the OPS folder. You only need to do this if you've changes any of the toolpath defaults (parameter page settings).

The new 3D toolpaths are really FAST!!!!

Mike Mattera

Has anyone had luck with doing a complete install in a separate directory? I tried it twice with two separate downloads and got the same problem. It locks up toward the end of the install while it was expanding the chooks.

It said: it could not find the specified file, mp.dll

This appears to be the same problem that Moldmaker had.

Thanks for help

I don't have maintenance, but I did get a copy

of the enhancements and fixes doc for the March release.

Multiaxis fix 24533 says

Drill 5 axis

Added new reference point application logic.

In V9.1 SP2 the checkbox

"Use clearance only at the start and end of operation"

does not work.

Can anyone tell me if it works in the March release??

I still haven't got my disc confused.gif I have downloaded the update from Mastercam support.

It say's the download is smaller than the disc.

What is not in the download that is on the disc?

Should I wait for my disc or use the downloaded file?

cheers.gif

DavidB

I think it is just documentation and stuff. It may say on the download page.

gcode, let me modify what I just said:

It seems to look correct on the screen but I am having post issues with this new addition. I am not sure if the post needs to be updated or? I will have to figure that out later or?.

Thanks