Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Manager Frustrations

JB7280

4 hours ago, Chally72 said:

Just a note that 2023 has some icon color changes that will alleviate some of these visibility issues.

Some of us are colorblind and when CNC took away "AppLook" it made things more of a challenge visually.

Mastercam has not been so easy on the eyes for me since that change. Theme's is "meh" at best. Currently I have my settings as Dark Gray and it helps, but AppLook was better.

6 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Some of us are colorblind and when CNC took away "AppLook" it made things more of a challenge visually.

Mastercam has not been so easy on the eyes for me since that change. Theme's is "meh" at best. Currently I have my settings as Dark Gray and it helps, but AppLook was better.

I do know the color and icon tweaks for 2023 had a lot of thought put into them for things like colorblindness and every possible user color config under the sun. I think in a lot of respects, UX has the most difficult job for new functionality or changes, with all the color config options we allow and legacy configs/personal favorites that all have to be compatible.

• Like 3

I really with the plane and level managers could be set up to operate like the operation manager where levels and planes could be grouped by operation and expanded or contracted as needed.  When I have a part using 40-50 levels and 30-40 planes spanning 5-6 operations it can be a pain getting the right plane, especially if they are added out of order.  I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't that complex.  I could only imagine some of the huge files some people deal with.  Just my $.02

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Bob W. said:

I really with the plane and level managers could be set up to operate like the operation manager where levels and planes could be grouped by operation and expanded or contracted as needed.  When I have a part using 40-50 levels and 30-40 planes spanning 5-6 operations it can be a pain getting the right plane, especially if they are added out of order.  I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't that complex.  I could only imagine some of the huge files some people deal with.  Just my $.02

Some crazy millman asked for this 7+ years ago on the official forum and we still don't have it. Maybe in another 7-10 years it will be finally added.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2