Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Setup Sheets (reports)

MetalSlinger5

I have pretty much dialed in our setup sheets the way I like to see them for the shop floor, only thing I cannot figure out is why it will not transfer manual operations from MC2022 toolpaths to the setup sheet. I sometimes put operator notes to tell guys to move clamps or whatever, the NC code shows the comments, the setup sheet does not. Any of you gurus know what I am missing. Thanks 

1 hour ago, MetalSlinger5 said:

I have pretty much dialed in our setup sheets the way I like to see them for the shop floor, only thing I cannot figure out is why it will not transfer manual operations from MC2022 toolpaths to the setup sheet. I sometimes put operator notes to tell guys to move clamps or whatever, the NC code shows the comments, the setup sheet does not. Any of you gurus know what I am missing. Thanks 

Send email to the mothership attn Ruth and you should get the help you need.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Send email to the mothership attn Ruth and you should get the help you need.

This has been a burr in my butt for quite a while as well. I've just sent an email. I'll report the results, if it gets resolved.

Thanks again Ron, you are a constant source of useful information. One of the giants!

• Like 2

I just tried this for a lathe program using the MT RPX and it output the Manual entry comments.

image.png.da10b6290b899adc0411e57956dfecb7.png

When I tried it with the 2022 Lathe RPX, it did not output the Manual entry comments.

I have built my setup sheet using the MT RPX template.  It doesn't matter if it is a lathe program, a mill program or a Mill/Turn program.  It will output whatever operations the report generator encounters.

I have modified the RPX templates so that Turning operations have a yellow header, Mill operations have a Blue header, and Manual entry operations have a red header.  It is easy for the operator to see at a glance the Manual Entry comments.

image.png.7eb03f6516f27c09b24160cba654cb3f.png

• Like 2

I just went out and mapped the hierarchy for the RPX files for MT, Lathe, and Mill.

I recommend that anyone customizing Active Report Setup Sheets start with the MT (Mill/Turn) reports.

If there are only Lathe operations, you will automatically end up with a Lathe setup sheet.

If there are only Mill operations, you will automatically end up with a Mill setup sheet.

If you have a mix of operations, It will output them in sequential order including the manual entry comments

With Active Reports, the report hierarchy is critical to getting desired output. 

The MT report hierachy already has the Manual Entry operation built in 

(Operation-T) is the manual entry

I have found that building the hierarchy list really helps me get to the template that I want to edit more easily.

• Setup sheet (MT) .rpx
  •    -Setup Sheet (File) .rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (OPERATION) .rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (OPERATION-L) .rpx
  •                                     -Setup Sheet (TOOL) .rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (OPERATION-M) .rpx
  •                                     -Setup Sheet (TOOL) .rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (OPERATION-T) .rpx
  •                                     -Setup Sheet (MAN-ENT-INFO) .rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (TOOLS) .rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (OFFSETS) .rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (SZ) .rpx

The Lathe or Mill hierarchy is different and you would need to add in another report level after (LATHE-FILE) and then add in the subreports for the different operations (Lathe or Mill as well as the Manual Entry) 

• Setup Sheet (Lathe).rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (LATHE-FILE).rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (LATHE-OPERATION).rpx
  •                                     -Setup Sheet (LATHE-TOOL).rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (LATHE-TOOLS).rpx
  •                         -Setup Sheet (OFFSETS).rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (LATHE-SZ).rpx
  •             -Setup Sheet (CAPTURES).rpx

Also:  Please note that Active reports looks at the words inside of the parenthesis and acts upon what it sees.  So if you wanted to create a specific report template, you could specify: Setup Sheet (MT) Acme Rockets.rpx  but NOT Setup Sheet (MT Acme Rockets).rpx

I have also created templates for creating an abrieviated setup sheet to save paper or have a check list.  In that case, I will copy and rename all of the templates as needed.  For example:  Setup Sheet (MT) Acme Rockets short.

image.png.f45699cc89502135b44e26b69210770c.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Bill Craven said:

The Wire operations are listed as sub reports in MT.  So are Router operations.  I never deal with them so I left them out.

image.png.8d0a05828e63d262c36e26b73bc7c0eb.png

Brilliant, imo this should be the standard way to do it then.

Thanks for sharing this, it's great!

I posted the templates back in 2019 for the short version (checklist) 

I included a Word doc explaining how I was naming tools and how to install the templates.  

These templates are still available to download and play with.  

I probably stripped out the Router and Wire subreports, but they could be easily added back in.

Even though this was for MC2017, it should still work for 2020, and 2021 without modification. 

Click on the link/picture below and it should take you to the original post

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, Bill Craven said:

I posted the templates back in 2019 for the short version (checklist) 

I included a Word doc explaining how I was naming tools and how to install the templates.  

These templates are still available to download and play with.  

I probably stripped out the Router and Wire subreports, but they could be easily added back in.

Even though this was for MC2017, it should still work for 2020, and 2021 without modification. 

Click on the link/picture below and it should take you to the original post

So long as you update the data sources.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gms1 said:

So long as you update the data sources.

I renamed the SST directory in 2022 to SST Original 2022

I copied  the SST directory from 2021 to 2022

Ran a setup sheet and it worked fine.

I believe that if you want to run Active Reports as a standalone (without launching Mastercam) you have to update data sources.  

Maybe I don't understand your statement: "So long as you update the data sources"  

I am not challenging you, just trying to understand.