Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine stops with an error

Shiva.aero

Hello all! During 5 axis machining, the machine stops with an error message of "Axis enable missing".

I observed that this happens when the execution changes from 3 axis line (block) to 5 axis line (block). For example, some of the line have only x, y and z value and when it reaches the line with x, y, z, B and C value, this error happens.

I also observed that changing the values/switching off of Cycle 832 (High speed machining cycle of sinumerik) have some effect on this error. That is, some time it continues to run with warning/alarm, or it sometimes stops at different block no.

Could it be the problem of post?  Or any other settings in MC?

I don't get this problem when I run with program from different CAM. Just based on that I am ruling out machine / controller issue although I am not very sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:07 AM, Shiva.aero said:

the machine stops with an error message of "Axis enable missing".

I don't get this problem when I run with program from different CAM

Try programming a simple test file in Mastercam and try to replicate it as close as you can in your other cam system

Some simple like the 2D path around a rectangle followed by a simple swarf tool path or 3+2 drilling cycle

The compare the resulting gcode.

I'm betting there is a missing M or G code in the Mastercam file that enables 5 axis motion

Hello all! During 5 axis machining, the machine stops with an error message of "Axis enable missing".

I observed that this happens when the execution changes from 3 axis line (block) to 5 axis line (block). For example, some of the line have only x, y and z value and when it reaches the line with x, y, z, B and C value, this error happens.

I also observed that changing the values/switching off of Cycle 832 (High speed machining cycle of sinumerik) have some effect on this error. That is, some time it continues to run with warning/alarm, or it sometimes stops at different block no.

Could it be the problem of post?  Or any other settings in MC?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes the post has not been vetted. 5 Axis post out of the box is not 100% perfect and personal preference and machine builder changes create so much churn in making a post do what it needs it the other driving factor here. Compare the code from the other CAM to what Mastercam is outputting and look for the differences. Siemens is a tricky beast and even the folks at Siemens Germany get lost with what is needed to make machines run correctly.

I don't get this problem when I run with program from different CAM. Just based on that I am ruling out machine / controller issue although I am not very sure.

Funny people always fall back to that defense for not doing the needed work for vetting a post processor. The CAM is not the issue the Post is the issue and someone not correctly vetting the post to make sure it is outputting the code needed for the machine. Why I have developed my Test Block for 5 Axis machines. We have run this block on over 30 machines in the last few years and got everyone of those machines vetted and working with no issues.

• Like 1

If it is an 840D control there should be an option when viewing the code to expand it and open a further pictorial programming screen (remove the mask). We had an issue with the drill cycles like this on our lathe and by opening that pictorial I was able to get @Chris In-House Solutions and his team at In-House to make changes to the Post/ Control def/ Machine def. Once you make changes in the pictorial screen is saves it and you can send the code as reference (assuming it is running on the machine without issue). 

Control.jpg

Control_Options.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all! Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I understand that it is a post problem. I gave all the inputs (output from MC, output from other CAM,  etc.,) to my vendor (MC India) and they are working on it.

2. I asked my vendor for post which gives Vector outputs instead of angle outputs. This is just to check.

3. Contacted Siemens. They asked to ensure correct placement of Clamping & Unclamping codes.

I will update here once the problem is solved. Thank you.

• Like 1