Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface problem

daveDM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I am not a Dumb***

Now, lets get this straght did I ever say this? NO so do not make this stupid comment.

Even with this strange Pooh and other stuff I have shown you respect.

I do like to play a little my self an thats all.

Now Ron Iskander had no contorl of the picture of pooh.

that was me having some fun.

Iskander is a full Mastercam user as I am.

So now that we have now hijacked this post and I have maneged to start c**p. lets get back to a great sunday after noon.

quote:

Winnie WTF with the CRAPCAM now?????????????

This is no direct way a dig on SURFCAM but a time and place for everything type of statement nothing more nothing less.

Millman .It looks that chasing me and my humble donkey friend turned to be your life`s motto ?

What`s wrong with you ,man ?

Say ,when I hurted you .

And when I said to you such things as WTF ?

I understand everything but you constantly trying to catch me ,say names .

I do not run away ,BTW .

It simply stopped to be funny ,that`s all

Winnie teh to make a rhime to WTF is so trivial ...

Ok ,I am relaxed ,I even would take away my verse if that would be possible .

Right to matter .It`s time to sleep for me now ,so good night or good morning wvwrybody ,as you prefer .

Millman ,You shoked me man ,it was so unprovoked ,I fall from chair in stupor with an opened mouth !

Crapcam ,Surfcam ,I never saw the Winnie picture and it provoked such silly verse .

Anyway you`ll never see this picture more .

Check it out for my new picture and have some fun .

Peace to everybody and God save you from crashes !

Bernie,

quote:

Did you cut some parts and check them?? Were they correct?

It was only a clearance 45. It hit my layout line as expected. I did no further inspection. I/we have cut many swept 2D paths with bullnose cutters with no ill results. confused.gif

quote:

I just took DaveDM's geometry and used his toolpath with 3 different cutters,1.063 flat, 1 ball, 1.063 x .25 rad bull. I ran verify with each op and saved an STL file. I merged all 3 together and it was obvious that I had 3 different results.

Did you always use the same across and along curves in each toolpath? IIRC, a ruled toolpath will cut correctly using the along and across one way, but not the other. I ALWAYS use the "form" as the across curve.

quote:

Looking at the backplot of each in the side view it is obvious that the tool follows the geometry only with the ball cutter.

My backplot looks fine.

quote:

Dr. Lin's book even suggests flat and bull cutters work with wireframe toolpaths.

Then they probably don't. biggrin.gif

quote:

PS How was the model engine show??

OK. It gets less impressive every year. Mostly the same stuff that I've seen for the past 4 years. The novelty has wore off. There's always people selling tools there too. We also made a trip down to Toledo to the Harbor Freight store and to visit one of my brothers. It was a good weekend. Thanks for asking.

Thad

Thad,

Quote:

"Did you always use the same across and along curves in each toolpath? IIRC, a ruled toolpath will cut correctly using the along and across one way, but not the other. I ALWAYS use the "form" as the across curve."

Yes, I used the same Across and Along. Never thought of switching them. Thanks, I will try that. BTW what is "IIRC'

"Then they probably don't." Amen!!!! :-)

I humbly apoligze for my outburst. It was uncalled for and I am sorry for thinking it was you. I am not out to get you and make you leave. Think I will take a couple weeks off since we seem to keep butting heads. Again sorry for what I said and seems to be too much of this going on lately. I am not running away just being the bigger person got better things to do than repeatly explaining why I hate free post askers and rude people (again not the 100 woods people) and all I have wanted to do is help people and give a freaking care less about post counts or freaking names or levels. I hope I have given back as much as I have taken. I will just lurk from now one and let what it be and let what will be that also. I say running is one who will not be the name they started a lesson I learned here and think it weird I tried to do what you did with what I felt liek was alot more repect to my feelow people of the community and I got slammed for it you do and it is a joke so eyah it bugs me you choose ot make a joke of this place I think i will come back as Ronald McDonald, The Hambulger, The French Fry guys, and Maybe the Whole cast from the Smurfs.

Good day all my fellow grammers much thanks and humble things I have learned from the group here.

Ron !

I accept your apologize .

I hope you will accept my apologizes too.

I want to write you private letter ,so I will sent you a letter to your e-mail address with a password.

You can easily guess it ,I hope.

I alwais respected you and respect now even more ,I many times said sorry and I do feel so ,and I do not need you lurking and you do not need too .

I feel myself unhappy and disturbed .

You simply do not know me good.

I do not make fool of noone except myself !

You can call yourself as you wish ,it`s not matters me .

But I would prefer you call yourself as you like to be called .

I started and deleted and started once more this letter.

Man ,if you would ever come to the Woods ,you can be sure that you are very welcome .

And you are my guest ,and I hope after a bottle of vodka at the fishing party you will look on life a bit different (I am saying this really serious ).

Check your e-mail tonight ,if you do not mind .

quote:

Now if I can only get 'em to add a lead in/out to the swept 2D path

i agree if they could add a gap setting similar to whats in the flowline toolpaths that would be great.

trevor