Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T, way off, but its funny

This is going to sound idiotic and stupid but, the other day while running parts with a long run time, I thought of this fantastic idea. I could make a song with the spindle of the machine by using different spindle speeds for the notes and different dwell times for the length of the notes. Now I know you are thinking this sounds crazy, but it would be funny to do. And then we could post nc files on the ftp of different songs. Hahaha I make myself laugh. Does someone want to figure out whats speeds make what note? Ive got a guitar tuner i could do it with. lol any comments

Well I did use ot make my machine sign but the guys did not liek the songs I made them play. A high pitch for 3 hours can get on people nerves. I would soemtimes play with the spindle speed to change the sound to higher or lower just to break up the contious nature of it. Oh the joy of Making SS sleeves wit ha broing bar hanging out 11". biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You only need a twang driver if you play country music. Yes you got it I am a musician, I guess thats where my idea came from. And no its not drugs, I'm totally drug free and always have been. Even if spindles are different you think you could get them to work out, im using a 15k haas spindle. Maybe with differnt spindles they would just be in a different key

quote:

Try whistleing into the spindle on a lathe lathe.

Philcott,, eek.gif

I can see the international sign makers at Mori ,,scratchen their heads on this one...

Avoid contacting chuck

with lips while spinning?

quote:

Maybe with differnt spindles they would just be in a different key

Well, for a lot more variety of weird noises,,

you could get some Fadals

I should bring in an amp and a microphone to amplify the sound. Maybe even get a smaller mill to take out with my band to some of the smaller venues. We could have it under a cloth and then when the lights come on you start taking a pretty heavy cut with a ski-carb in aluminum and shower the crowd with hot chips. Ah yes the weird noises, ive ran some machines with strage unknown noises, they usually made a silent noise thereafter.

i new a guy who would play tunes with the air hose, he would pinch his fingers together over the end of the nozzle and by applying various pressures he could make music. the "music" sounded more like high pitched farts but by listening to it you could actually name the tune he as playing. anybody else ever here or see this done. great way to break up a monotonous 15000

piece run....