Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jerky Fadal

KJS

Actually G9 decelerates the control. To enable position check you need a second G9. If you are already using G9/G8, try turning off the scales.

FADAL was in here three days trying to figure why our 6030 was jerking. Every once in a while during tapping it would vibrate so badly the machine would physically move.

I always use G8 for our 3d toolpaths and never have a problem. I would check my coupling at eac haxis and make sure there is no play in them. The x is easy the y is harder. Take off the cover and grab the coupling and see if there is any slop in the motor shaft to the axis shaft if there is I would have these repalced as soo nas possible. Hard to hold something right if there is alot of slop here. If you use all the above ideas and still have trouble then I would check to make sure you have arc for maves and not point to point moves for the arc moves. Write a simple G2 or G3 move ot make a 6" cicrle and cut it in an aluminum plate. I would make the hole a finished sixe to shot for. I would then check the hole in 16 places like around a clock if you get more than .001 then you have got problem with your machine adjustign the backlash correctly and need to get the machine serviced.

Just my opinion and that it and use it however you want but do so with caution.

No problem you were trying to help and to some of us that counts but to others if you are wrong you can be burned at the stake but me I appericate effort and trying to get something going. I see it time and time again guys just kind of go well if maybe or do this or might do that but never give a direction and even if the wrong start good to get to the right place and seem like always hardest to get the balling rolling verse pointing it in the right direction. I appercaite the effort and always feel free to help.

If you are cutting a 2D arc, check if the arc is a nurbs spline instead of an arc. If so, replace it with an arc. That alone should smooth it out. If for some reason you can't do that, use a G8. You can do that automatically by clicking on the operation, parameters, misc values, and on the 4th line, should say acceleration/decelaration. 0 is G9, 1 is G8.

All surface (3D) operations get a G8.

John

Ron,

Unfortunately, our post isn't set up to automatically put in the G8's. Since I'm not the guy "in charge" of MC where I work, not much I can do about it, even if I did understand the post language enough to change it. If I did understand it and knew what to change, then I'd suggest it. It would probably be accepted cause the shop boss is on an efficency kick. smile.gif

John

should be pretty easy to do. I mentioned in another thread about setting 'getnextop : 1' in post. You can then check in psof/ptlchg the value of 'nextdc'. Zero or greater means the next op is drilling. Something like this.

code:

psof

if nextdc < 0, #milling cycle

[

pbld, n, "G8", e

g8g9_flag = 1

]

else,

[

if g8g9_flag = 1,

[

pbld, n, "G9", e

]

g8g9_flag = 0

]

Put something like this in the psof/ptlchg/ptlchg0 sections.

I'd also use the flag to know to put out the 'G9' in the pretract section just before a toolchange.