Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IKE post question

JrScott

Does anyone here have one of the in house solutions new IKE posts?  We are looking at this for one of our machines.  All my other posts are from postability and have been very good. 

I really just wanted to know what is different from one to the other?  The price difference isn't much from my reseller.  

Thanks

My experience is somewhat limited - I have only used MPMaster and IKE - but here's my take.

IKE is MPMaster+.

The syntax is similar, the switch based setup area at the top of the post is a way of simplifying all the functions that MPMaster had, and some more that are out of my depth. The variables, functions and structure are an easily traced extension from working with MPMaster. Not to malign the work that has been put it at all! The posts are very good at handling what I consider advanced functions in my daily routine: Rotary motion, transforms, axis sub, extended work offsets, a customizable setup sheet, and a lot, lot more. Not to mention the integration with machine sim, which is the whole point of IKE - inverse kinematics - to do a better job of representing the machine environment and how it moves, digitally. (feel free to correct me on this purpose if I am off-base, or simplifying a broader range of subjects!)

What you will have to put work into or pay for will be getting the posted code to look like what you and your operators are used to seeing. I have zero exposure to Postability, so I don't know how it works with misc. variables and such (the usual way to control certain outputs in MPMaster/IKE). In that case, sticking with what you know will likely pay dividends, especially now that Daddy Sandvik owns Postability and MasterCam. We are all in the dark as to the multi-year endgame there, honestly.

@JrScottI will agree with @Jake Lthat consistency across all posts does have a fair amount of advantages, and might be the best decision for many users. That being said, I am also very much against the "that's just how we've always done it" rational for decision making, so hopefully I can help to further inform your decision.

@SuperHoneyBadger did an excellent job of outlining some of the advantages we have worked hard to build into the IKE posts. I will expand on a few points, I could go on and on, but I will try my best to keep it brief.

We have developed our post generate machine simulation to mirror the motion that will occur on each line of code, as it is generated. Where this is specifically advantageous is with approaches and plane transitions, where we are able to simulate advanced controller functions like TCP and Tiled Planes. I made this video a couple years ago when these changes were introduced to show off what was now possible if your interested.  Machine Simulation Improvements With Your IKE Post - YouTube

Our axis sub has been written to allow support for any machine configuration. It will run on any 5-axis configuration with a rotary table. I have even been able to post and simulate axis substitution on 6-axis machines with very little modification. Having the rotary table perform the rotations, while the universal head is fixed, but with the option to fix that universal head at infinite positions with the tool horizontal. Similar to the machine in this video, but using axis sub instead of simultaneous. Post | Feed | LinkedIn

We have a very large number of post switches available for customization, and our posts have been designed with flexibility in mind. Most customizations we do see, are already built into the post on a switch, but we are very much capable of customizing the posts as needed. We also are continually adding more switches and features into the post engine.

Despite all the great features available in the IKE posts, I think our biggest asset of IKE is the team behind it. We have a large and experienced team that is ready to customize your machine for your specific needs. We will continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied with your post, and do out best to ensure you have a positive experience throughout.

If you want to check out IKE for yourself, we have FREE IKE posts for 3/4-axis Fanuc and Haas mill available to download at this link. Free Post Processors - In-House Solutions (inhousesolutions.com)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

@JrScottI will agree with @Jake Lthat consistency across all posts does have a fair amount of advantages, and might be the best decision for many users. That being said, I am also very much against the "that's just how we've always done it" rational for decision making, so hopefully I can help to further inform your decision.

@SuperHoneyBadger did an excellent job of outlining some of the advantages we have worked hard to build into the IKE posts. I will expand on a few points, I could go on and on, but I will try my best to keep it brief.

We have developed our post generate machine simulation to mirror the motion that will occur on each line of code, as it is generated. Where this is specifically advantageous is with approaches and plane transitions, where we are able to simulate advanced controller functions like TCP and Tiled Planes. I made this video a couple years ago when these changes were introduced to show off what was now possible if your interested.  Machine Simulation Improvements With Your IKE Post - YouTube

Our axis sub has been written to allow support for any machine configuration. It will run on any 5-axis configuration with a rotary table. I have even been able to post and simulate axis substitution on 6-axis machines with very little modification. Having the rotary table perform the rotations, while the universal head is fixed, but with the option to fix that universal head at infinite positions with the tool horizontal. Similar to the machine in this video, but using axis sub instead of simultaneous. Post | Feed | LinkedIn

We have a very large number of post switches available for customization, and our posts have been designed with flexibility in mind. Most customizations we do see, are already built into the post on a switch, but we are very much capable of customizing the posts as needed. We also are continually adding more switches and features into the post engine.

Despite all the great features available in the IKE posts, I think our biggest asset of IKE is the team behind it. We have a large and experienced team that is ready to customize your machine for your specific needs. We will continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied with your post, and do out best to ensure you have a positive experience throughout.

If you want to check out IKE for yourself, we have FREE IKE posts for 3/4-axis Fanuc and Haas mill available to download at this link. Free Post Processors - In-House Solutions (inhousesolutions.com)

Machine simulation works with IKE lathe postprocessor ? or DMU FD machines, I mean turning operations, without MT license

there are only different videos on youtube with milling machines, without turning operations

21 hours ago, Bill Craven said:

Is the MachSim included with an IKE post?

Bill, Machsim is integrated into the post engine. External post licensing for Module Works MachSim is a licensed product, so there is an additional charge for Simulation with the IKE post.

We did some recent overhauls to our simulation module that really enhanced how accurate we are able to simulate features like tilted plane and TCP.

Here is a video I made if you want to see more. Machine Simulation Improvements With Your IKE Post - YouTube

5 hours ago, Elvincnc said:

IKE support Swiss type machines? 

Elvin, we do have an IKE Lathe product which has been customized for many machines, including swiss type machines!

1 hour ago, Alex Dales said:

Bill, Machsim is integrated into the post engine. External post licensing for Module Works MachSim is a licensed product, so there is an additional charge for Simulation with the IKE post.

Thanks Alex,  I was confused by the verbiage.  It sounded to me like Machsim was included, but now I understand that what you are saying is that the IKE post has all of the logic integrated into the post to drive and control Machsim.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2023 at 3:15 PM, Alex Dales said:

@Elvincnc There is some challenges with sending Lathe toolpaths into Machine Simulation, but we are able to simulate turning on the FD style mill with turning table.

Here is an example of a DMU Duoblock FD I have.

Very much interested in this one for the FD :)

Weren't there supposed to be a free downloads for the basic posts that would replace the MPMaster posts? Did this idea get scrapped?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ?Mark said:

Very much interested in this one for the FD :)

Weren't there supposed to be a free downloads for the basic posts that would replace the MPMaster posts? Did this idea get scrapped?

No the idea was not scrapped. There is the link floating around and you have to fill out a form and get access to them.